It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2007, 10:59 AM   #1
(female)

brandy76 HB User
Question Wisdom tooth: to pull or not???

My upper right wisdom tooth is almost in & has been for a while. I even had to get a filling in it.

Just yesterday I started getting this weird sensation like I'm teething & it hurts to open my mouth wide. It's not painful, but the gums feel sore in that area.

Do you think I should just get it over with & pull it now or wait to see if it gets worse. With Thanksgiving coming up I'm not sure if that will be enough time to recover even though it's not impacted.

And if it gets worse what would happen? would it just be pain or would my face swell.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2007, 10:34 PM   #2
(female)

LdyNY HB User
Re: Wisdom tooth: to pull or not???

I wouldn't mess around with wisdom teeth.... they can become easily infected, and you don't want that to happen.

Go to your dentist or oral surgeon. Or at least call and ask their opinion. If it hurts, you most likely will need to get it pulled. When I called my dentist each of the four times I had a wisdom tooth pulled, I just told him that I was in pain and he told me to come in to get them pulled, just like that.

Definitely get it looked at. Regardless of if you'll be fine or not by Thanksgiving, the health of your body is more important. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread