It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2007, 02:03 PM   #1
(female)

tdmap HB User
question about dentures?

Hi I'm not sure how dentures work so my question is i have really bad teeth and people keep tellin me to go to the dentist but am really affraid of the out come i have had really bad teeth for over 11 years and my teeth or pretty rotten to the core as to speak and not sure if denture would work on one side of my mouth there is not much room for them to rest how could that be fixed once i got them all pulled???? And my other question is i have really BIG TEETH in front my two front teeth or like horse teeth and my mouth is really small and i was wondering if any one could tell me if they could make them a differenet size when made for my mouth.. smaller so i dont look like i'm all teeth.. hope some one can help me because i really am scared and my face is all messed up by letting my teeth get this way i look like i have had a stroke or that i'am a smoker and i;m neither . So can i get these teeth pulled without problems or what is left of them which is not much.. Has anye one had this problem if so please help me so i can get the nerve up to do this.. Thank you sorry if i sound like a baby just scared and have no one to turn to for this other then people here like you guys who have been through similar things... THANKS AGAIN...

TDMAP

Old 11-13-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User
Re: question about dentures?

Hi tdmap, I had this same problem yrs ago, I had 11 teeth cut out at one time. I also have a very small mouth. The dentist will make an impression with dental clay that they put in you mouth. Then from that impression they make your teeth and make any adjustments that need to be make once they put them in. When they cut my teeth out they put me to sleep to have them pulled out. It really wasn't that bad I didn't feel anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2007, 05:13 AM   #3
(female)

Vergie HB User
Smile Re: question about dentures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmap View Post
Hi I'm not sure how dentures work so my question is i have really bad teeth and people keep tellin me to go to the dentist but am really affraid of the out come i have had really bad teeth for over 11 years and my teeth or pretty rotten to the core as to speak and not sure if denture would work on one side of my mouth there is not much room for them to rest how could that be fixed once i got them all pulled???? And my other question is i have really BIG TEETH in front my two front teeth or like horse teeth and my mouth is really small and i was wondering if any one could tell me if they could make them a differenet size when made for my mouth.. smaller so i dont look like i'm all teeth.. hope some one can help me because i really am scared and my face is all messed up by letting my teeth get this way i look like i have had a stroke or that i'am a smoker and i;m neither . So can i get these teeth pulled without problems or what is left of them which is not much.. Has anye one had this problem if so please help me so i can get the nerve up to do this.. Thank you sorry if i sound like a baby just scared and have no one to turn to for this other then people here like you guys who have been through similar things... THANKS AGAIN...

TDMAP
Hi,

Just like Rayfaye smentioned on her post, the dentist will take an impression of your mouth, both upper, and lower. Don't worry about the size of the dental teeth, they'll be fine. What my dentist requested was a picture of me when my mouth, teeth was somewhat okay. This picture was sent to whoever makes the dentures, along with the impressions. I guess, they want to see the overall look of bone structure, teeth etc. It worked for me...Also, my mouth was extremely small. The dentist had to use a child's dental tray to take the impression. Shocked cause I have full lips, I thought I had a large mouth, just the opposite...You'll be fine....Vergie

Old 11-16-2007, 09:52 AM   #4
(female)

kjorso HB User
Re: question about dentures?

go to a denturist for your dentures not a regular dentist. Find a denturist in your phone book with lots of years of experience. It is important for dentures to fit. Important that you are happy with your dentures.

Closed Thread