It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2007, 06:44 PM   #1
(male)

JesseA HB User
Unhappy Light colored raised bumps under tonsils

Hi, I`m a bit concerned. About 4 days ago while checking my tonsils for stones (ew), I noticed about 4 slightly raised light colored (maybe even off-white) circles/ovals BENEATH my tonsils where it goes flat, they`re on both tonsils, so about 8 total (4 on each), it kind of looks like bunched up skin until I somehow push that area forward to expose that they are actually circular in shape and 4 distinct spots. The color is about a shade or 2 lighter then the skin they are on. This is only visible if I move the back of my tongue down to see down there. I felt them and they were raised but it didn`t hurt. I have no sore throat... I dont smoke or do smokeless tobacco or drugs, nor do i drink etc. I do have post nasal drip, but I think that may be irrelevent to this case.

Also for a few months now, I get non-raised red small spots on my inner bottom lip that disappear and then return, they don`t hurt either. I told my doctor early on and he looked at it and said he thought it was a vitamin dificiency. Now, i`m wondering if the two are related.

I also notice with looks to be bumpy extra skin conntected to the back of my tongue by where it seems the tongue is connected to, but i`m not sure if thats something everyone has. Again, its not visible unless I press my tongue down to see that far back, and stick my tongue out too.

Another thing, years ago when I was in elementary school a red spot appeared on my hand beneath the skin, the size of a pin head. Im well out of school and it`s still there. If I push a clear glass over it, it disappears, but once the pressure is let up it can be seen again. Well, a few months ago, the same type of pin head spot appeared on my lip as well. I pressed a clear glass over it and it disappears, but when pressure is let up i can see the spot again. This tell me that these red pin *****s are not "wounds that didnt heal" but rather something else... I`ve no idea what and the spot on my lip is embarassing.

I contacted my dr and am waiting to hear back. Any thoughts on what this might be? I am admittedly known to be a pranoid person and a bit of a hypochondriac, but I can`t help to think I may have mouth cancer.

Last edited by JesseA; 11-13-2007 at 06:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2007, 09:58 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

plasticmouth HB User
Re: White raised circles under tonsils

ok, im no doctor , but i can tell you after i had all my teeth removed i could see ALOT more inside my mouth and down my throat and the back of my tounge.

The white'ish things around your tonsils are more than likely just your saliva glands, the mouth has quite few saliva glands in different positions around the mouth and at the back of the throat (in the area you descibed), and when raised they also look like what you described. Since i had all my teeth removed i can bend and force my mouth in all different ways, making it possible to make most of my saliva glands 'stick out'..... I can even make the one under my tounge protrude and squirt like a waterpistol / since i had all my teeth removed ..lol

And the back of the tounge is rough as guts and lumpy and so is the skin around it , this is normal too .

With the small pinhead white dots it might be a vitamin deficiency ???? , i used to get similar sorta thing but tiny red dots, and also used to always have cracked skin around the sides of my mouth that would never heal, turned out i was lacking vitamin B.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:51 PM   #3
(male)

JesseA HB User
Re: White raised circles under tonsils

Hey man thanks a ton for the reply.

I think you may be right, the circles may be normal but i cant get anyone to cooperate and show me inside their mouth.

I did consult with the dr and he mentioned its probably completely normal but that we can schedule an appt to confirm this just to be on the safe side. I`ll google saliva glands and see if it makes sense of my matter.

Also, the pinhead dots i get arent white, sorry if i said that, i meant to say red. They`re red pin*****y type dots that disappear and then reappear in other spots. I showed the doc last visit and he mentioned he thought it was a deficiency but I`ve been bad and have not kept up with my vitamin pills long enough to see if they would cease. I`ll have to get on it again.

Thanks again for the reply

Last edited by JesseA; 11-15-2007 at 03:52 PM.

Closed Thread