It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2007, 05:07 AM   #1
(male)

spiritt HB User
My teeth are bad =(

My teeth have been messed up for quite sometime. It's been a few years since I worked a job that gave me dental insurance so I haven't really had the chance to have them fixed. I've always had this gap in the front of my teeth, on the top row, that an orthodontist years ago had suggested braces for. Now the problems are even worse. My teeth are basically rotting out. I'm getting these spots down around the gumline where they are being eaten away. I don't even like to smile anymore because it makes me so self concious around other people. Last time I went to see a dentist she was asking me where it hurt in my teeth. I got a crazy look when I told her, everywhere.... Almost all of my teeth are bad, that's the truth. I don't like my teeth. They look bad, they hurt most of the time, I hate smiling. People always tell me I'm a good looking guy but why don't I ever smile? The answer is because I feel like I look horrible everytime I crack a smile... What could a dentist or orthodontist possibly do for a person like me who is so dissatisfied with their teeth? I rather just start over with a brand new set. I'm 23 yrs old if that helps any...

Old 11-16-2007, 03:02 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

plasticmouth HB User
Re: My teeth are bad =(

Mate , i hear ya ! , my teeth were like that at age 27. It is realy depressing i know. Imo the best thing you could do for yourself/your health too - is to get them all ripped out ( get knocked out for the procedure if you hate dentists , i did ). Your probably thinking 'oh the pain getting them all ripped out in one hit ', well believe me , it is actually a pain reliefe once they are gone, even with an unhealed mouth full of holes it is much more painfree than a mouth full of rotten teeth. Even if you cant afford dentures yet , still get them out asap if possible. I have full upper and lower dentures, no studs in my gums etc. You can have implants if you like, but i recomend at least try detures first, they realy arent that bad once you get used to them. Also the key is to get a 'denture technician' to make your teeth for a perfect fit and good set of looking teeth , not a dentist !. Gl with it all mate, as scary as it all might seem , you will almost kick yourself you didnt do it sooner after they are gone, honestly, even no teeth look better than rotten teeth and your health will improve heaps. Good old mashed potatoe with gravy is a good hardy meal for no teeth , soups etc. Your gums harden pretty quick anyway, i can chew a steak without my teeth..lol , anyway , gl.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2007, 12:27 AM   #3
(male)

spiritt HB User

Thanks for your helpful suggestions =)

Cheers

Old 11-17-2007, 06:47 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

plasticmouth HB User

I realy feel for you mate , i know what its like to be in your position at such a young age, and how depressing it is !. Luckly i had mates who had already gone through this stuff and helped me through it and convinced me to do it ( it wasn't easy ) , cheers mate

Last edited by moderator2; 11-17-2007 at 07:07 AM.

Closed Thread