It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2007, 11:47 AM   #1
(male)

ron1932 HB User
whole new mouth

My wife has experienced several (almost total) upper bone loss. Surgery is required graphing a bone from her hip. Post are required for new teeth. Also, lower teeth will have to be extracted as well and more post put in to match the upper. The problem is that this procedure will cost a considerable amount of money. Does anyone out there have an idea if this type of procedure will be covered in part by Medicare. She is on medicare.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2007, 05:47 PM   #2
(female)

Mermaidxx HB User
Re: whole new mouth

I would suggest calling medicare and finding out or asking the dental office. And make sure it's covered before you do anything. They maybe not be up frount about it until after she has it done and stick you will the cost. Sadly this happens all the time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2007, 07:02 PM   #3
(female)

SarahofBorg HB User
Re: whole new mouth

Make sure you find out exactly what type of plan yours is, and get approval in writing before every procedure. This may make it take months but it's what you have to do. The dentist is the one who usually sends for approval, and they should send you a copy as well.

Last edited by SarahofBorg; 11-21-2007 at 07:03 PM.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:17 PM   #4
(female)

Vergie HB User
Smile Re: whole new mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1932 View Post
My wife has experienced several (almost total) upper bone loss. Surgery is required graphing a bone from her hip. Post are required for new teeth. Also, lower teeth will have to be extracted as well and more post put in to match the upper. The problem is that this procedure will cost a considerable amount of money. Does anyone out there have an idea if this type of procedure will be covered in part by Medicare. She is on medicare.
Hi,

I've never heard of medicare coverage with dental care, unless there was an accident of some sort. When you find out, please let us know. This is a first for me. I've been on medicare for a about 8 yrs. now, and never heard of dental coverage with them...Thank you!

Closed Thread