It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2007, 05:20 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

nokoBot HB User
Woke up with Jelly Bean of blood covering my tooth

Hi i'm 27 male. Today is Friday, and i went for a dental cleaning on Tuesday. Since i had alot of tartar, this time it was a bit harder than usual. the dooctor had to go in a bit deeper on the bottom teeth.

So i've been bleeding ever sense. I'm n ot even brushing my teeth that much cause i'm bleeding pretty much and it doesn't seem to stop, so i don't want to aggrevate the gums more. . then the blood clots and it gets hard...covers one of my teeth , it's sticky and i have to remove it.. but the blood keeps coming out.

So today i woke up at 5 am and i had like a jelly bean of blood that formed around my tooth...plus my mouth seemed full of Purple( which was the blood dried)and i was driping saliva mixed with blood out of my mouth. I felt this big jelly bean on my tooth so i went to the bathroom and sure it was that.
So i removed it( pretty scary disgusting feeling to do that) but my gums are still bleeding i think.

I'm sure they will stop bleeding as they heal , i even called the dentist yesterday( on his home phone cause his office was closed on Thanksgiving), and he told me to rinse and use tea bags to try to stop the blood. I did but it didn't really help.. Or i don't know exactly how to do it.

Anyways, is this much bleeding common when you have gingivitis and you have a somewhat deep cleaning?

Old 11-23-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
(female)

Mermaidxx HB User
Re: Woke up with Jelly Bean of blood covering my tooth

Hi, this doesn't sound normal to me. Rinse your mouth with warm salt water it helps. And mouth wash to keep germs out, if you can't brush. But I would get this checked out. Something simlar happened to me. Went for a cleaning and they cracked my filling. I got an infection now. I might lose that tooth. It's a big mess!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2007, 12:47 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User

doesnt seem right to me gums going purple? some people are proned to bleed more than others
but shouldnt last as long as you have,i think the dentist or hygenist must of touched a vessel?

i would get it checked out preferbably by another dentist ,you are allowed to see another one for a second opinion?

but for time being gargle in salt water or cordysil

Old 11-24-2007, 04:21 AM   #4
(female)

SarahofBorg HB User

If you know where the bleeding is coming from, keep the teabag (or preferably gauze) pressed hard against that spot for hours. That will help it clot and heal right. Definitely get it checked out.

Closed Thread