It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
(male)

micro HB User
What is my diagnosis?

Hey all,

My gums on the right lower jaw is inflamed and swollen. It was swollen to the point where I was unable to close my mouth completely. I took a lot at it this morning and I see a tiny bubble that was increasing in size as it sat above the tooth. I had my wisdom teeth on teh right side completely removed years ago, so its definitely not an infectino due to the wisdom teeth on the right side.

I also had symptoms of fever and soreness around the neck area (swollen lymphs maybe). Anyway, that bubble seems poppable. I massaged teh swollen area to hopefully get some blood flowing there, but that seemed to popped the bubble somewhat. I saw pus and blood drain from it. However, after a few hours, the pain is gone and the swollen has reduced significantly. The bubble is still visible. Anyway, I will be going to the dentist tomorrow. What do you think the problem is? Does that tooth that's next to the "absess" need to go? I tapped it and its feels normal, no pain, nothing. The discomfort is localized to the gum and swollen region.

Any ideaS?!

Thanks for reading the long post!

Old 11-23-2007, 05:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: What is my diagnosis?

I'm glad you are going tomorrow, as you clearly have some kind of infection in your jaw, and that can be very serious if it isn't treated promptly. You may not lose the tooth, even if it is that particular tooth causing it, maybe a root canal will be enough.

Good luck, and take your antibiotics when you get them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2007, 12:41 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User
Re: What is my diagnosis?

i get similar thing ,bubbles at bottom of teeth the gums ,and they are swollen ,butr i dont get the swollen glands etc though ,just little bubbles on my gums near the root of the teeth

my dentist i went to previously kept on telling me nothing wrong
yet he gave me anti biotics

well ,i have gone to a different dentist ,now ,as we had a row last time i saw him my gums were swollen and i was in pain all weekend and he said" i wished i saw your gums when they were swollen

they were still swollen when i saw him then ,i think he knows the problem and possibly somethign he has done ,why else would he deny anything was wrong
well new dentist has gave me anti biotics and told me to see a hyginist
and said i have so many crowns in my mouth they are high maintanance
and not my fault they need deep cleaning

my previous dentoist also sent me to hospital as he says i need deep cutting of my gums,went thursday ,he said no such thing needed doing at all and i just had a fungi infection and gave me tablets to take and i got to take my plate out at night

so how come my dentist was so wrong in his diognosis?

Closed Thread