It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2007, 08:07 AM   #1
(male)

Johnii HB User
should i pull my tooth out?

I have a severley cracked tooth (lower molar) and today it basically came loose, i think the only thing keeping it on is one side is still attached to my gum maybe.
If i could i could easily pull it out and it doesnt hurt at all or looks to be black/discoloured.
I won't be able to see the dentist until a few days unless i get a emergency dentist.
If i were to pull the tooth out and leave it like that for maybe 2 days without seeing the doc what will happen. I'm not bothered if the hole seals up as i am not going to have a replacement seeing as it's at the back of my mouth where no one can see. Can the gum get infected severly if i pull it out and leave it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2007, 03:16 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User
Re: should i pull my tooth out?

well.make sure you wash your hands thoroughly,and once tooth is out ,and rinse your mouth out,not with salt water though apparantly it clots the blood ,hopefully the whole tooth come out .as you dont want any left there?

take paracetmol ,after a few days then gargle in salt water
like you say if its a tooth at back of mouth ,not so important to have a tooth there

also far cheaper to pull the tooth out yourself if you can than go to dentist ,just make sure once its out you keep socket clean ,of food etc

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2007, 01:43 PM   #3
(female)

SarahofBorg HB User

I imagine it would hurt horribly if you did it.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:59 PM   #4
(female)

Mermaidxx HB User

Hi, it is possible to pull your own tooth. But sometimes even when a dentist does this, a part of the tooth will remain if it cracks and does not come out in one piece. It may feel lose but not as loose as you think. Also you can get an infection. Or you may already have one. It's best to be treated with antibiotics to avoid this. Most dentist will give antibiotics before or after getting a tooth pulled. Another possible thing that may go wrong is, you maybe cause harm to one of your other teeth. By cracking one or something with what ever your using to pull the tooth. And be really careful the tool you use is clean and sterol. I would suggest waiting to have it done by a dentist if possible. Good luck.

Closed Thread