It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2007, 04:42 PM   #1
(male)

KBx315 HB User
wisdom teeth

i think im going to have to get two out i looked in the mirror the other day and noticed one of my teeth in the back is shifting and my molar is almost all the way in and showing but not all i think its impacted whats the procedure and how can i get it to shift back......i hate the thought of getting put to sleep

Old 11-25-2007, 05:19 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: wisdom teeth

If it's in far enough they just pull it like any other tooth. All four of mine were in and that's what they did - just novacaine - didn't put me to sleep.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2007, 05:48 PM   #3
(female)

SarahofBorg HB User

They won't put you to sleep even if you wanted it (darnit, I wanted to.) They'll give you a lot of drugs but you'll be awake, and you should forget the whole thing. There's still risks though, more to do with the procedure itself than the drugs involved.
I'd like to know myself about how the teeth are moved around. One of mine was getting very crooked but it doesn't give me trouble so as long as it doesn't move anymore I'm fine. But I suspect as a result of the wisdom tooth pulled, plus a molar next to it, this tooth may be moving around. There's no teeth on either side of it and it's starting to give me trouble biting down, even though I can't actually see it being crooked yet. It was fine until I got the wisdom tooth out. If the wisdom tooth wasn't sideways, it probably would have help move the other teeth into the right spot like it was suposed to.
I'll find out though, have an appointment tommorow.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:42 PM   #4
(male)

KBx315 HB User

ok i can deal with novicane needles just not the fact of me being asleep..... i know you guys might not know, but im really comfortable with the dentist i have hes removed teeth before i was wondering if he would be able to do the procedure

Old 11-26-2007, 05:00 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

If the tooth is in and just needs to be pulled, I'm sure he can do it. My regular dentist did mine.

Old 11-26-2007, 03:00 PM   #6
(female)

SarahofBorg HB User

Went to my dentist today and she said to me it's highly unlikely any teeth will move around as a result of the wisdom teeth being removed.
That's her view anyway.

Closed Thread