It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
(female)

mar41563 HB User
dental cyst?

I recently had a tooth extracted and on the end was a cyst. Much tougher than what i thought would be an abcess......any idea?

Old 11-26-2007, 06:45 AM   #2
(female)

Rainbows HB User
Re: dental cyst?

Interestingly I had the same thing. I had a badly broken down tooth extracted and it was incredibly difficult for the dentist to get out. When it was finally removed he said it had a blood filled cyst behind it. On looking back at the X-ray he said he had missed it although he said you could just see it if you were looking for it! As a result we refer to that as the 'chainsaw massacre extraction' due to the amount of blood!

I had not heard of such a thing before, I wonder how common it actually is?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2007, 11:05 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User
Re: dental cyst?

i had same thing,my dentist and a hospital dentist ,couldnt see it on x-ray
it was only i insisted i had a problem ,the hospital dentist ,.told my dentist to do a root canal
my dentist didnt want to do it ,as he insisted nothing was wrong,but i insisted he done it,in the end he had to take the tooth out and at the end a
massive cyst like you both said

yest two dentists both missed it on x-rays,i still got problems next to that tooth but my ex dentist wont have it thats why ive gone to another dentist
he has gave me anti biotics and i got to see a hyginist,and waiting for that to be done .and see what he is going to do from there?

well ,thats what im hoping as i know seeing a hyginist isnt the problem.as i was right ,about the other tooth ,and yet my old dentist and hospital dentist told me nothing wrong,well if i was right about that tooth why cant i be right on the other teeth?

Closed Thread