It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2007, 07:05 AM   #1
(female)

tkb HB User
wisdom tooth extraction & CRPS

Hi, i've got to have my top right wisdom tooth out tues 4th Dec, but i'm worried as i suffer from crps(complex regional pain symdrome) i told my dentist this when i saw him last week and the meds i take and he didnt feel there was a problem, but i'm really scared, the pain is excruciating in my right side of face up to temple and into r side of neck, i fear that this may trigger off my medical problem from having the extraction. Any advise would be appreciated. thanks tkb

Old 11-26-2007, 10:58 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User
Re: wisdom tooth extraction & CRPS

does your dentist do sedation? bit pricey on top of having tooth out,but rather than having that pain?

well.to be honest ,once you are numbed up you shouldnt feel the tooth coming out anyway
but afterwards it is sore for a few hours ,which you can take paracetmol or ibuprofen pain killers,which will help with the pain

but if you have told the dentist of your condition and he says it will be fine ,i cant see there being any problems

good luck and try not to worry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2007, 03:02 PM   #3
(female)

SarahofBorg HB User

A few hours? Heh, I was in pain for 9 days. Had to take pain killers constantly. Sorry, it's just part of it. Expect not to be doing anything for a while and ask for the strongest pain meds you can get (I got Percocet, but Oxicotin is stronger.)
The procedure itself shouldn't hurt....it did a bit for me but nothing extreme.

Last edited by SarahofBorg; 11-26-2007 at 03:03 PM.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:37 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User

well,yes sorry i was thinking of a normal tooth extraction,yes wisdom teeth is a bit sore for longer

Old 11-28-2007, 01:27 AM   #5
(female)

tkb HB User

thanks guys for your advise, i suppose i will have to just grin and bare it, having had spinal surgery you would think is just a piece of cake! but to be honest i feel more bothered about this some how. cheers tkb

Old 11-29-2007, 09:32 PM   #6
(female)

jennifer3063 HB User

TKB do not have anything done...you have RSD/CRPS and you need to talk to your Pain Management Doctor before you have any surgeries or procedures. I was going to have some dental work done but decided against it after talking to my pm doctor. I needed to have a tooth replaced where an adult tooth never came in and the baby tooth finaly gave way. I had decided to have a bridge instead of having a permanent tooth put in its place with surgery. I will avoid the spread of RSD/CRPS at any cost. Check with your doctor, he will probably suggest that you take extra meds before and after the surgery if you must go thru with this.

Closed Thread