It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 11:56 AM   #1
(female)

angie1968 HB User
it is do or die, but how

i have had rotten teeth for 15 years. i live through terrible pain 24 hours a day. i have 2 children that i want to see grow up, but the dentists say it may never happen. i can not afford dental insurance and i sure can not afford to pay dental prices. they say that the infection someday soon is going to go straight to my brain or heart and i wont stand a chance. no dentist will help me though. what do i do?

Old 11-28-2007, 11:59 AM   #2
(female)

SarahofBorg HB User
Re: it is do or die, but how

If your teeth are infected, you can get them pulled at an emergency room, and you could possibly find a free clinic to do it. It's the only procedure considered medically necessary since an infection can kill you.
Also, a lot of dentists and doctors won't even tell you if there is any sort of free insurance available for people in dire straits. I went a year without dental until I talked to a financial advisor at a hospital, who set things straight. I now have free insurance and I'm getting about $10,000 worth of dental work without paying a dime.

Last edited by SarahofBorg; 11-28-2007 at 12:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2007, 12:06 PM   #3
(female)

angie1968 HB User

how do i find free insurance?

Old 11-28-2007, 05:29 PM   #4
(female)

SarahofBorg HB User

Ask a financial adviser who works at a hospital if they know anything, that's what I did. Talking to them is always free.
Just go to a hospital (not a clinic) and ask to see a financial adviser. Ask about medicare, although I don't think they have dental.
But even if you can't get any help, you should be able to get your teeth pulled at a free clinic.

Last edited by SarahofBorg; 11-28-2007 at 05:30 PM.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:24 PM   #5
(female)

Mermaidxx HB User

Hi, sorry to hear about your situation. Dental Collages will offer free services. It's there way to get experienced. You may want to look into this, if you can't get insurance any other way. Try a country hospital like suggested. Most have a program. Or call social services. Good luck.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:37 AM   #6
(female)

ami68 HB User

I am so sorry to hear about your situation!! dental insurance ought to be part of regualr health insurance , since it effects out lives so much!! It's a shame. I thought that once the tooth is infected, it will just die, so I was living with the pain, until my friend showed me how she thought the same way, and her infection went into her bone and almost killed her and they had to remove some bone. well, I called the dentist the next day. I have an appt next week. now, it took me a year to pay of a root canal last year, and I never went back to post it and it broke. I will not make that mistake again. I want to enjoy my small children too. I feel so bad putting such a financial strain on my husband. but I have no choice, I am a stay at home mom, what can i do?? and I have a huge dental phobia. I can hardly breathe when I think about going. good luck to you!!

Closed Thread