It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 02:12 PM   #1
(male)

Johnii HB User
urgent advice on tooth plz

Hi
One of my canine tooth has cracked at the side and now it has a large hole. Looking at it from the front it looks fine but on the side it's like its been goughed out with a scooper and it's about 1/3 way deep into my tooth. The first premolar next to it is chipped also slightly on the top so i presume that was putting pressure on my canine from the side
I'm worried i'll have to have it out as it does hurt on occasion the past week or so. If i am to have this tooth out what are the options?. I won't be able to afford an implant as i hear they can cost 1000+ pound. Is there a more cheaper alternative. If there is, will the dentist be able to take the tooth out and replace it on the same day as i dont wont to have a gap in my smile as i'm already quite self conscious about my apperance as it is lol.
I want to know the options available basically so when the dentist gives his opinion on what course to take i am aware of each path available rather than relying on him to tell me what i can & can't do and regret my decision later on.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:36 AM   #2
(male)

Johnii HB User
Re: urgent advice on tooth plz

anyone?
What options are available to replace a cracked tooth that doesnt cost the earth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2007, 07:26 AM   #3
(female)

ami68 HB User
Re: urgent advice on tooth plz

I have been trying o reply to you, finally I am able to! I also have a cracked tooth not sure which one is a canine, but still, I dont want it out!!! the same tooth cracked last year, opposite side, and I had a root canal done. now- i am terrified of the dentist, beyond terrified, and we have no dental insurance, so it's worse. the root canal was just fine,it didnt hurt too much, I was supposed to go back a few months after and have a post put into it, I never did, because it was another couple hundred dollars, which I didn't have and recently the tooth cracked when I was eating a piece of chicken. I just made an appt for Tuesday for the new tooth. I have no idea what they are going to say, another 800 dollars I'm sure, plus antibiotics , x-rays all that stuff, this time I will be smart, and if they do a root canal , I will get the post put in it! It took me a year of payments to pay off the last one. I am so scared when they see my other broken totth, they are going to be upset with me, he is a great dentist, though. he gave me Novocaine on the roof of my mouth and I didnt feel a thing. I have a little throbbing every once in a while with this one. Im so scared I can't even think or eat. let me know how you are doing!!!

Closed Thread