It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2007, 09:13 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User
second lot of anti biotics

well,i'm in agony gums at bottom are like boulders so swollen and when i drink hot drinks or eat something hot ,my teeth come alive like electric shokes and i am literally in agony

rang my new dentist ,they said they couldnt fit me in ,even though i told them i cannot eat or drink and in a lot of pain
so rang old dentist ,he wasnt there ,but the dental nurse gave me prescription for anti biotics (more grrrr) just finished one lot,
600mg ibrufiren pain killers and a mouth wash that numbs your gums
the pain killers are not even getting rid of any of the pain

i am also gargling in salt water ,but its agony as it sets of my teeth
frightened to eat anything now and i got to eat as same sort of thing happend to me years ago
was in agony with my teeth and couldnt eat,i went down to 5 stone in weight cant go there again

but ,dont know where to turn next as when i go to a dentist near me they dotn seem to want to know i think my dentist has made a mistake on my crowns and treatment he done and is worried i sue him but this isnt the case
i just want him or any dentist to help and sort me out thats all i want end of all this pain and discomfort

what does it take to get help? feel like taking tablets and have to be rushed to hopsital then maybe ,they do something but this is drastic measure to take
but i am in constant pain and discomfort and feel i cant take much more

any ideas what i can do? please?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2007, 08:00 PM   #2
(female)

holly117 HB User
Re: second lot of anti biotics

Hi
If your dentist can't fit you in, you need to insist. If he still can't get you in, call another dentist, you are very important.. But until you can get in, call your GP and see if he can call you in a strong antibiotic.. Something like Clyndamycin.. And it sounds like your rinsing with Magic Mouth rinse. That only helps for a little while..
Never put up being second at your dental office. If you have a problem, you need a dentist that cares and is there for you.

Take care

Old 12-01-2007, 01:25 AM   #3
(female)

Mermaidxx HB User

Hi, this will sound crazy, but it does help for some reason. And I got this from a dentist. Get whole clovers. Place one on the tooth that hurts, and bite it gently for a while. It makes the pain less. Just don't swallow the clover. Hope it helps.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:00 AM   #4
(female)

tertree HB User

Try showing up in person asking if they can work you in....thats what i had to do one time when i was in alot of pain....Ive also had to take three sometimes four rounds of antibiotics to clear up infections so I wouldnt worry about the second doseage

Old 12-07-2007, 08:56 PM   #5
(male)

Karltom HB User
Unhappy Re: second lot of anti biotics

Sounds like you have gotten some good advice from other members. In my case - a long, long history of inflammed gums, etc. - the dentist would not work on them until they broke open. He says it is not good to open up the hard gums, they will eventually burst. Sounds a bit sadistic, doesn't it?? But... Antibiotics should help, although the opinion of my dentist is that they should be taken after the gums have been cleaned or burst, not before. If taken before, he claims they will lengthen the period it takes for the gums to do their thing..... Sorry, not very good advice.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:40 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User

thanks for all your replies,the pain today seems to of dies down a bit ive managed to drink my first cup coffee,at last
but very wiery of eating anything hot still as scared of that pain again
by personel manageress rang her dentist ,im going there on tuesday
just hope they will sort me out soon,but not long before xmas holidays
so need to get thing shappening quick

i am hoping they take the nerves out of teeth at bottom and top,
also sort out another tooth thats been driving me up wall also nerve plays up here and there in that tooth
so hoping either the nerve taken out or also bit worried incase they say the tooth has to come out,as that tooth is at front at bottom
but rather go through this pain and discomfort i rather have a gap than carry on
as i am losing weight as ive nnot eaten properly now for about a week now or just over

i had an hopsital appointment thursday gone but they cancelled it got to wait now til 27th dec just hope either the dentist tuesday does something and the hospital anyone as i am getting desperate and my nerves cant take much more

Old 12-11-2007, 07:31 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User

well went to new dentist this morning ,one my personell manageress goes to ,
he was really good ,took a few x-rays and i have to have a root canal done ,and one tooth out
there is another tooth that will need taking out but he is leaving it for now
also another problem i am having with teeth at bottom thats driving me mad ,
he is going to take more x-rays next week and going to look more into that

hoorayyyyyyyyy a dentist who has found something and doing something at last
so much for my old dentist saying nothing is wrong grrrrrr
and all the money im have spent £5,000 and even though i got to pay out more with my new dentist it be worth it to get rid of the pain and discomfort
also it is a fair distance to travel but it be worth it once all my treatment is done

i think dentists should be checked on ,and give each patient individal consultations and and not take any notice of what previous patients dentist tell them
i have had problems soving my teeth problems through dnetist checking with my previous dentist and then wont do anything to help me

but finally i am getting a result by going out my area

Closed Thread