It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2007, 07:56 AM   #1
(female)

emmacj HB User
Unhappy Sargenti Paste

Who did your root canal? If it was a general dentist make sure they did not use Sargenti Paste. Request your records.

Other names that it is known by are, Sargenti Paste, N2, N2 Normal, N2 Medical, N2 Universal, N2 Apical, RC-2B, RC-2W, TCM, White One-Step Endodontic Formula, and Endodilato.

[url]www.aae.org/NR/rdonlyres/14F3726F-DA2D-4155-97E9-D0201E690B17/0/paraformaldehydefillingmaterials.pdf[/url]

Paraformaldehyde-containing endodontic filling materials or sealers (frequently known as Sargenti pastes, N-2, N-2 Universal, RC-2B or RC-2B White) should not be used for endodontic treatment because those materials are unsafe. Extensive scientific research has proven unequivocally that paraformaldehyde-containing filling materials and sealers can cause irreversible damage to tissues near the root canal system including the following: destruction of connective tissue and bone; intractable pain; paresthesia and dysthesia of the mandibular and maxillary nerves; and chronic infections of the maxillary sinus. Moreover, scientific evidence has demonstrated that the damage from paraformaldehyde-containing filling materials and sealers is not necessarily confined to tissues near the root canal. The active ingredients of these filling materials and sealers have been found to travel throughout the body and have been shown to infiltrate the blood, lymph nodes, adrenal glands, kidney, spleen, liver and brain.

Last edited by emmacj; 12-03-2007 at 12:45 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to emmacj For This Useful Post:
budi strpljiv (10-20-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2007, 02:07 AM   #2
(female)

emmacj HB User
Re: Sargenti Paste

Yes it is cheap and quick, but the dentists do not pass on these "savings" to the patient.

The dentists that use Sargenti Paste DO NOT inform the patient that they are using it. Even when the patient has problems they DO NOT inform the patient.

I wonder why........

The following user gives a hug of support to emmacj:
Old 12-13-2007, 12:57 AM   #3
(male)

dancersadie HB User
Sargenti Paste/Paraformaldehyde

There is a small group of dentists that use this substance on unsuspecting patients. They formed a society whose only purpose is to use Sargenti Paste. They even have a website.

In one of their newsletters they state that the only way to get "this magic sealer" is to become a member of their exclusive society.

The recognized specialty organization for endodontics, The American Association of Endodontists (AAE), are against the use of Sargenti Paste. Their statement is in the first post in this thread.

Sargenti Paste contains paraformaldehyde, lead, phenyl mercuric borate, eugenol liquid, and other goodies. Some have even added peanut oil.

The Sargenti method is not taught in dental schools in the US. If it is mentioned at all, students are told not to use it. Canada also has a ban on it.

Most of the research that has been done on this substance has been on rats, dogs, monkeys, and unsuspecting patients.

A clinical professor of endodontics at the University of Pacific School of Dentistry and the University of California School of Dentistry, Stephen Cohen, D.D.S., once wrote;

” Simply put, there is no circumstance where it would be appropriate to use a paraformaldehyde paste for sealing a root canal."

Last edited by dancersadie; 12-13-2007 at 11:17 AM.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:33 AM   #4
(female)

esmerelda75 HB User
Angry Re: Sargenti Paste/Paraformaldehyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancersadie View Post
There is a small group of dentists that use this substance on unsuspecting patients. They formed a society whose only purpose is to use Sargenti Paste. They even have a website.

In one of their newsletters they state that the only way to get "this magic sealer" is to become a member of their exclusive society.

The recognized specialty organization for endodontics, The American Association of Endodontists (AAE), are against the use of Sargenti Paste. Their statement is in the first post in this thread.

Sargenti Paste contains paraformaldehyde, lead, phenyl mercuric borate, eugenol liquid, and other goodies. Some have even added peanut oil.

The Sargenti method is not taught in dental schools in the US. If it is mentioned at all, students are told not to use it. Canada also has a ban on it.

Most of the research that has been done on this substance has been on rats, dogs, monkeys, and unsuspecting patients.

A clinical professor of endodontics at the University of Pacific School of Dentistry and the University of California School of Dentistry, Stephen Cohen, D.D.S., once wrote;

” Simply put, there is no circumstance where it would be appropriate to use a paraformaldehyde paste for sealing a root canal."

IMHO anything secret and "exclusive" means they have something to hide! I am horrified at what I have learned about this toxic substance, and any supposed "dentists" using this on innocent patients should have their licenses ripped from them, fined heavily, and then thrown in jail for assault!!!
Like I said, just MHO...
es

The following user gives a hug of support to esmerelda75:
The Following User Says Thank You to esmerelda75 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2007, 04:00 PM   #5
(female)

dentalphobic HB User
Re: Sargenti Paste/Paraformaldehyde

How do you know if this was used on you? I have sinus problems after having a root canal done a month ago. I am afraid it is this stuff. The dentist keeps brushing me off and saying that it has nothing to do with the root canal. It didn't start until right after the procedure. I've never had problems before. The tooth that was treated doesn't feel right either. It still hurts. I thought that all the nerves were removed from the tooth so how can it still hurt?

The following user gives a hug of support to dentalphobic:
Old 12-14-2007, 02:56 AM   #6
(male)

dancersadie HB User
Re: Sargenti Paste/Paraformaldehyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentalphobic View Post
How do you know if this was used on you? I have sinus problems after having a root canal done a month ago. I am afraid it is this stuff. The dentist keeps brushing me off and saying that it has nothing to do with the root canal. It didn't start until right after the procedure. I've never had problems before. The tooth that was treated doesn't feel right either. It still hurts. I thought that all the nerves were removed from the tooth so how can it still hurt?
Start by getting a copy of your records. Look for any of the names that are listed in the first two posts in this thread. You can also post anything you find in your records here.

I would also ask for copies of all x-rays that were taken before and after your root canal. Paraformaldehyde root canal pastes show up differently than gutta-percha on x-ray. Though Sargenti Paste users have been trying to come up with a formula that would more closely resemble gutta percha in the canal, once it is set. I don't know if that ever happened, but it is interesting that this is one of their concerns.

Last, but not least, go to an endodontist and have them evaluate your root canal.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:13 AM   #7
(female)

jenny1234 HB User

I will get a copy of my records. thanks for the information. I hope it wasn't this Sargento stuff.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:15 AM   #8
(female)

jenny1234 HB User

I have problems to from a root canal to. I keep asking thedentist and he keeps brushing me off. My lip is still numb, not completely. It has been over a week and I am scaed that this is goin to be permanent. It doesn't hurt so I guess i could be worst off.

Closed Thread