It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2007, 07:03 PM   #1
(male)

tankman HB User
Fear of Wisdom teeth being pulled

Ok here is my problem for the past few days ive had some soreness on the lower left side in the back of my mouth nothing too bad just sore, i went to the dentist and i explained to him what i was feeling, he took a look and said right away oh you need your wisdom tooth pulled out (without taking x-rays) which kind of suprised me but anyway the tooth seems to want to either come in now cause it never did (the other 3 did) its still in the gum or there's some kind of infection there now on the upper right side my WT has some decay it doesnt hurt but he saids to have it pulled out now before it does start to hurt later on. He did give me 500mg of Tetracycline and told me to go have the 2 teeth pulled. im going to see the oral surgeon on thursday but here is my worries and fear...im scared to death of the dentist and even more of the surgeon, the WT with decay has come thru some but half cracked off years ago so i know he's going to have to cut me in order to get the tooth out and but other one never came thru so i there's going to be alot of cutting to get that one out...my main fear is of course feeling any pain during the whole thing i rather be completely out i dont even want to see him doing anything i want to wake up when its all done do i have this option open to me even if i have to pay out of pocket...ive read alot of what others have said in here about this but everybody is different...what kind i expect please be honesy with me

thx
tankman

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2007, 10:46 PM   #2
(female)

SarahofBorg HB User
Re: Fear of Wisdom teeth being pulled

Yes if you ask they will certainly give you sedation, and it may be covered by insurance, as long as you don't have any medical problems before the visit. When you see the surgeon, if you haven't seen him already it's probably just going to be an exam and x-rays, not just right away pulling them. He'll answer all your questions.
With sedation you will not be aware of the procedure. Regardless, you WILL be in pain for several days afterwards, and you should ask for some good pain killers (vicodin is good, don't get Tylenol 3 it barely works.) The pain varies between 1 day and at most a week, and you should go back if it lasts longer. For me it was 9 days. You'll also have a hard time eating. You'll definitely have to miss school or work.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:52 AM   #3
(male)

tankman HB User
Re: Fear of Wisdom teeth being pulled

thx Sarah
i had it done yesterday and i must say that the procedure itself wasnt bad at all, not like what i thought but right now i feel like a train ran thru my mouth lol. yeah i do have vicodin...thx again
tank

Closed Thread