It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2007, 07:32 AM   #1
(female)

ami68 HB User
root canal weird feeling

I had a root canal 2 years ago, and need another one ( different tooth) so I was at the dentist yesterday and the tooth that already had the root canal done broke and I need that one fixed as well. they did x rays on both teeth, to make sure that the inside of the root canal tooth was stable, it was fine, but I have his weird feeling, not pain, just like kind of pressure, or something feeling in that tooth. is it ghost pain? or maybe my gums are irritated from the tooth being so broken so close to the gum. has anyone experienced this?

Old 12-06-2007, 02:59 AM   #2
(female)

emmacj HB User
Re: root canal weird feeling

What tooth was it? It should have been crowned after the root canal. Did your dentist do the root canal, or was it an endodontist?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2007, 12:19 PM   #3
(female)

ami68 HB User
Re: root canal weird feeling

I was a bad girl and never went to get the post put in. I had an x-ray a couple days ago, and they said there is enough to wrok with and they can fix it still. BUT last night, while flossing, a hug peice of the tooth fell out. I was freaking out like crazy, worrying that bacteria would get into it, I don't know how it all works, but I called this morning and they said that was expected, and it will have to get fixed sooner than later, i said I figured, I am on antibiotics for the other tooth anyway. so that was what the pressure feeling is from, i think. the tooth was cracked and was putting oressure on the rest of my tooth and gums. its feels bteer today, but it feels weird to have a sharp tooth and part of my gum out there like that!! we'll see what happens on monday. I am having quite anxiety over all this, I hate the dentist, rather give birth any day!!! BTW, its a dentist, and hes fantastic! he has done most of my family all our lives.

Closed Thread