It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2007, 10:36 AM   #1
(female)

ladybear1984 HB User
Abcess

Hey everyone! Just a question. Ok, I'd say about 3 or 4 years ago I went to a dentists office. They did some routine cleaning and x-rays and such and I was told that I had an abcess tooth and that the tooth was cracked. Well, come to find out that the tooth was in fact cracked but as for the abcess..... no pain then and no pain now. Thank God! And it's been at least 3 years since I have been to a dentist (can't afford it). The only thing I found odd was a blister above the tooth that would come and go. Haven't had that either in a very long time. I was wondering if there was ever a possibility that it was abcessed or was the dentist just pulling my chain. Can someone enlighten me?

Old 12-05-2007, 12:17 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User
Re: Abcess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybear1984 View Post
Hey everyone! Just a question. Ok, I'd say about 3 or 4 years ago I went to a dentists office. They did some routine cleaning and x-rays and such and I was told that I had an abcess tooth and that the tooth was cracked. Well, come to find out that the tooth was in fact cracked but as for the abcess..... no pain then and no pain now. Thank God! And it's been at least 3 years since I have been to a dentist (can't afford it). The only thing I found odd was a blister above the tooth that would come and go. Haven't had that either in a very long time. I was wondering if there was ever a possibility that it was abcessed or was the dentist just pulling my chain. Can someone enlighten me?
well ,i had a dew abcesses and i tell you they are painful,and they need to be got rid off
normally by penacillin anti biotics very strange if they are abcesses they dont hurt ,if they are and they dotn hurt your very lucky
but if left can be serious if not got rid of as normally they are poisonous

a blister sounds like an ulcer to me ,put bonjela gel on it and gargle in salt water should sort that out

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2007, 10:56 AM   #3
(female)

ladybear1984 HB User

Haven't had the blisters in a long time, thank God! Ulcer? Hmmm. Thanks for the reply.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #4
(female)

katzfriend HB User

I highly doubt that the dentist is wrong about the abscess. I had an abscess at the bottom of a root canaled tooth before and it did not hurt, hadn't gotten to that point yet. I would get the tooth treated, asap. It is possible to have an abscess and no pain, but sooner or later the pain will start, better to get it fixed before that!
Good luck

Old 12-06-2007, 10:30 PM   #5
(female)

ladybear1984 HB User

Thank you for your advice and your kindness. As soon as I can afford it this will be taken care of. Sick of worrying about it. I will be glad to get it done and over with.

Last edited by ladybear1984; 12-06-2007 at 10:32 PM.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:43 PM   #6
(female)

katzfriend HB User

If you don't trust this dentist, you can always go for a second opinion. And if you have a dental school near you, that is an affordable way to get another opinion and possible treatment.
Best wishes!!!

Old 12-09-2007, 12:49 PM   #7
(female)

ladybear1984 HB User

Yeah, I didn't really trust that dentist because I got wind shortly after he made the diagnosis that someone who had just recently been to him had filed for a lawsuit because he had messed her teeth up so bad she ended up losing them all. Very messy situation. Another thing, he didn't issue any kind of antibiotic. I thank you for your time. I appreciate it.

Closed Thread