It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2007, 11:43 AM   #1
(male)

Callimachus HB User
Tooth pain - why?

As a kid I smashed out most of one of my front teeth. I've subsequently had root canal surgery and a crown fitted for several years for this. For some reason it has sporadically started to hurt over the last few months.

This is an on off thing where it will sometimes throb/ache. I can't tell whether this pain is in the gum or tooth. It comes and goes, sometimes i think it is triggered by hot or cold drinks etc. Sometimes it will also hurt if I press. The rest of the time it's fine.

What could this be? I don't currently have a dentist where I live and also don't want to go through any unnecessary expense - anyone have any experience with this?

Old 12-05-2007, 12:13 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User
Re: Tooth pain - why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callimachus View Post
As a kid I smashed out most of one of my front teeth. I've subsequently had root canal surgery and a crown fitted for several years for this. For some reason it has sporadically started to hurt over the last few months.

This is an on off thing where it will sometimes throb/ache. I can't tell whether this pain is in the gum or tooth. It comes and goes, sometimes i think it is triggered by hot or cold drinks etc. Sometimes it will also hurt if I press. The rest of the time it's fine.

What could this be? I don't currently have a dentist where I live and also don't want to go through any unnecessary expense - anyone have any experience with this?
well,if you had root canal done on these teeth,you wouldnt feel any pain as the nerves been taken out
but it is possible not all the nerve was taken out as its possible ,some was left in by mistake

so it could possibly be your gums .but it does sound like a nerve as it affects when you eat or drink hot and cold
try using a sensative toothpaste ,use that for a few weeks ,but if it persists you have no choice but go to a dentist

but ,i doubt if its the dentist who done the root canals will admit he didnt do the job properly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread