It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2007, 12:24 AM   #1
(female)

Mermaidxx HB User
Problem with teeth after tooth extraction

Hi, I had a molar extracted a week ago. About 4 days after, my two teeth that are next to the extraction site started hurting. Feels like pressure and sore to bite down. I didn't have a normal extraction, they had to cut my gum and tooth in half (not sure if that matters) I've called my dentist twice about this. They said the DR wont be back until next tuesday. So I can't see him until next week. Anyone else have this happen? I'm so worried these two teeth are infected or something? The pain isn't all day, it's off and on. But it hurts! And my gum hasn't healed together yet where they cut me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2007, 05:10 PM   #2
(female)

Amy50 HB User
Re: Problem with teeth after tooth extraction

I had a molar removed on the upper right many years ago. The same thing happened. I felt pain in the tooth in front of it. The dentist told me that the nerve runs through that whole area so you are feeling post-op pain just being referred to the other teeth. However, if it continues into next week, see him, or if you develop fever or any signs of infection, see any pus. You are still healing and sore so it's painful...most likely it's just referred pain down the nerve pathway. Let us know what he says. Try Advil or any generic ibuprofen, use an ice pack carefully, just a few minutes on and off. Is it an upper or lower molar?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2007, 09:32 PM   #3
(female)

Mermaidxx HB User

Hi Amy, its my bottom molar. I have an apt this week. You made me feel a little better though. I hope it is what happened to you, and it will be ok. Thank you for the advice! I'll let you know how my apt goes.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:43 AM   #4
(male)

jay1975 HB User

I have a similar problem i had a front bottom tooth extracted over 2 weeks ago and now in a tooth beside it i have sensitivity and a dull ache i have also been told that this is normal and that the gum will have receeded causing this pain but im not so sure maybe im just not giving it enough time to heal but if i tap the tooth or touch it ,it throbs a little can anyone advise if they have had this as well also mermaid xx how did you get on??

Jay

Old 12-27-2007, 08:29 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User

gargle in salt water ,a few times a day and take some pain killers,could be posible still a bit sensative especially if oyu had to have your gums cut,but 2 weeks i would of thought it would of stopped by now? well,make an appointment with your dentist as soon as you can.but in mean time gargle salt water

hope you feel better soon

Old 12-28-2007, 02:02 AM   #6
(male)

jay1975 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergerbaby View Post
gargle in salt water ,a few times a day and take some pain killers,could be posible still a bit sensative especially if oyu had to have your gums cut,but 2 weeks i would of thought it would of stopped by now? well,make an appointment with your dentist as soon as you can.but in mean time gargle salt water

hope you feel better soon
thanks i hope so too ,my gums werent cut but the tooth that came out was pretty bad so maybe its irritated the 1 thats hurting ,

take care

Closed Thread