It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2007, 04:37 AM   #1
(male)

Johnii HB User
root canal procedure, urgent advice needed

One of my front canine teeth has a large hole/crack on the side and the dentist said it needs a root canal. I read up on the proceudre and it states that the rubber filling that replaces the nerve and the crown may have to be done on a seperate occasion, maybe a month after to see if any infection has occured first.
If this is so will that mean i will have a gap in my teeth where my canine once was or does the procedure not require the whole removeal of the crown.
I'm quite self concious of my aperance as it is and to have agap in my smile will make it worse lol

Old 12-11-2007, 05:01 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: root canal procedure, urgent advice needed

They just drill a small hole in the tooth - hardly visible to the naked eye. Then they fill it to keep anything from getting in the hole once the procedure is complete. THen about 2-4 weeks later you go to your regular dentist and he does the crown procedure. Nothing should show at any time. They can even make the crown while you wait instead of having to come back a second time. I don't know if they do that in the UK yet but that's how my last crown worked. It sure was nice to wakl out with all done in one seating!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2007, 07:25 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User
Re: root canal procedure, urgent advice needed

johnnie no problem nothing to worry about,all they do ,is drill a hole in tooth,clean the tooth out and then put some anti biotic in there normally cloves fill it tempory,give you anti biotics and following week ,they reopen ,the tooth which he packs and then finishes off the job ,you wont have no gap whats so ever and once the root canal is ok your dentist will put on the crown ,he might just put a tempory crown on at first before putting on permanent crown
but you dont have to worry

ive got to have a canal root done through my crown i have already got on

Closed Thread