It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2007, 01:58 AM   #1
(female)

dogeyed HB User
Front teeth fillings need temp cover

I cannot get into a dentist before Xmas, to have fillings replaced that recently fell out of my front teeth. I have tried two store brands, "Refilit" by DenTemp in a red package, and "Temparin" by DenTek in a blue and green package. They are clay-like substances that stick for a while to teeth where fillings come out. But they are too white in color and don't look normal.

Right now, I look like a crack addict, even though it's just dark spaces where the fillings came out, and I don't want look strange to my family when I visit them over Xmas. Is there a similar product, that is more natural-looking, that will serve as a temporary cover-up for my lost fillings? Is there a dental supply place that I can order something from, that I might mix up and will look natural?

Please help, just ten days until Xmas, and I am embarassed about these blank places in my teeth. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:16 AM   #2
(female)

red-rider HB User
Re: Front teeth fillings need temp cover

Hi~dont know if this helps but you may be able to find a product by going to ****** and type in "tooth repair kit" or "loose and broken fillings kit" or "dental emergencies".
That way you can read up on all products and even order online.
If time is running out for you~call your local drugstore and ask for a dental repair kit. Where I live~Walgreens and CVS had nothing.....BUT the local owned mom and pop drug store had the specialty stuff suprisingly!
GOOD LUCK~RR
the word that was omitted is a famous search engine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2007, 03:48 AM   #3
(female)

dogeyed HB User

What speciality stuff did you get? I already tried two kinds, they were too white. I'll use the famous search engine for more info. I was just hoping someone had a similar appearance problem, where the color match has to be right. Thanks for your reply.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:51 AM   #4
(female)

red-rider HB User

I got Recap-it which was snow white. So I dont think that will help you.
All the quick fix stuff is "white". If we could custom mix our tooth color we could put some dentists out of business
so you know that is never going to happen.
I am baffled and miffed that we cant buy temporary cement that really works over the counter. It would sure help get some of us over the hump.
Dentistry reminds me of gasoline prices~you know "fixed"
There are no discounts to be had and they all basically do the same treatments.
I am amazed how few advances have come to pass since I was a regular patient back in the 80's. Cosmetic dentistry is the exception. But when it comes to "fixing" what's broke~it still seems barbaric how they do it.
JMO~RR

Old 12-16-2007, 09:26 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

lisaontheloose HB User

Just a thought, would it help if you are using the "too white" stuff if you put it on and drank coffee or tea? After all, that's what stains out teeth in the first place and I know it stains other materials as well.

Lisa

Old 12-17-2007, 06:50 AM   #6
(female)

dogeyed HB User

Yes, did the coffee thing, doesn't do enuff. However, I did a search online, there is some expensive stuff from England (about $100) that color-matches the tooth, several tubes to mix. Of course that's cost- and time-prohibitive. BUT I did figure something out by seeing that kit!

When I go to the grocery store this week, I'll buy me some food coloring, mix until I get the right shade, put a tiny bit on the repair clay I have, and perhaps I'll get a match! Eureka! When I do this later on in the week, I'll post back and let everyone know how it worked out.

Otherwise, I'll have to work on my non-smile smile

Closed Thread