It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2007, 07:25 AM   #1
(female)

ami68 HB User
dental insurance in MA.

ok, I know this has been posted here before, But I can't seem to find it anywhere. I have just been through two root canals, 1 post put in and the other one due in on jan 8th. NO dental insurance, and today they told me the crowns will be 950 a piece., I think my husband will divorce me due to the amount of money we have lost over a couple teeth. does anyone know a good dental insurance company for Ma. that will cover some of the cost of the crowns that I need!! I have to wait about a year to get them, because these teeth alone are going to be over a thousand dollars. my hubby was upset because I asked for Novocaine today for the post, and that will surely raise the price again. I guess I should have just gone for the pain!! please, Ive been on line searching all morning , and they all seem so vague to me!!!

Old 12-14-2007, 08:10 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

embarrased2ask HB User
Re: dental insurance in MA.

I take it you or your husband don't work for companies that offer coverage. I don't think there's a lot out there for individual insurance ... but there are some discount cards. There was somebody offering a discount card about a year ago ... I remember hearing the ads on WBZ radio but can't remember the name. You paid a yearly fee and got $$ off each dental visit. Try doing a search on Dental Discount Card Massachusetts. I did and got several sites returned, but none that sounded familiar. Be sure to check that there are dentists in your area and tha the discount will cover the cost .... Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2007, 09:15 PM   #3
(female)

Mora HB User

I just found the post you are looking for under the Health Insurance Issues thread :-)

Old 12-15-2007, 12:26 AM   #4
(female)

SarahofBorg HB User

Yup, I posted it. In Massachusetts you can get a particular plan like what I have. Under COMMONWEALTH there's a plan called NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTH PLAN. Under that, IF you qualify for plan type 1, you will get Doral Dental insurance which covers just about everything with no spending limit.
However, it depends on the crown. If it's for the back teeth it's not covered and you'll either have to pay it or get them pulled (which is covered.) I'm getting 4 front teeth crowns right now.
Problem being that you'll have to go to certain dentists who may not be the best in the field, but it's better than nothing. Unfortunatly I have to wait about a month between appointments, but I'm getting $10,000 worth of dental work for free.
You qualify if you make less than $40,000 a year I believe. Go see a financial consultant about it. There's probably many plans that come with Doral Dental.

Last edited by SarahofBorg; 12-15-2007 at 12:34 AM.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:02 AM   #5
(female)

ami68 HB User

Thank you all for the input! you have no idea how much I appreciate it all! this site has been so good for me. except every time I come here, my mouth suddenly starts hurting!LOL. see we have tufts for health insurance, they have gone downhill so fast!! they even just took my children's dental away now, with only a little tiny note on the top of their newsletter, which was sent to my husbands employer, and we unknowingly took our children to their 6 month checkup , only to be told we now owed 380 dollars, and no longer have the dental. I was sobbing. I am a stay at home mom, not sure how that would work with the commonwealth situation, but I will definitely check it out, since my income is 0$. unless they count my husband. mixed with a fear of the dentist, this all is making me so depressed. esp at Christmas time. one tooth that is supposed to have a crown, is in nice shape, it is 4 from the front tooth, neat to the first molar, same tooth other side, is in bad shape, he tried to rebuild it for me until I can have a crown. I will probably focus on that tooth for now, and wait for the other one until I can think of a way to make some money - perhaps become an exotic dancer? hahaa. just kidding!!

Closed Thread