It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2007, 06:15 AM   #1
(female)

Texanne HB User
Yippee! Canker Sore Help

I suffered with canker sores all my life, gargling with salt, peroxide, etc...dentist saying there was simply nothing to be done but treat the pain. After I had a son who had them so bad, 4 & 5 at a time, barely healing before the next set came along, I had the internet at my disposal. Why this has not been shouted from the roof tops I don't know, but basically there is one huge truth about most massive canker sore outbreaks:

They are caused, or hugely aggravated by the ingredient Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. Look on your toothpaste and find it. Then try to find a toothpaste with out it. This is the ingredient that causes toothpaste to "suds". I discovered this reading reviews for Rebrandt for Canker Sores. This has been renamed something like Rembrandt for Sensitive Mouths, or something like that, and it is about $7 per tube (about three hard to reach ounces, but worth it at twice the price)! Very hard to find, occasionally at Walmart, but not predictably. Recently I found a "natural, organic" type toothpaste online (can't say where, because that is not allowed) called Jason's Powersmile, and there is NO sodium lauryl sulfate in the large, six ounce tubes. I order them in 4 packs, Prime, so I don't pay shipping, and since I have them autoshipped every six months, I get a 15% discount, so it worked out to about $15 for four tubes. My son complained about the taste initially, but after about a week, all sores had cleared and he is happily brushing with the slightly lumpy, but still sudsy, Jason's Powersmile (pepperment).

If you suffer from the monster canker sores, then you know what I mean! Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread