It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2007, 12:00 AM   #1
(male)

notsatisfied HB User
Laminate Veneer Problems

I had 6 laminate veneers placed on my top front teeth. After numerous appointments with my dentist, and trying to get the lab to get things right, we finally got them on yesterday. I initially wanted to get veneers because of stained teeth. Now that they are on, I am unsatisfied to say the least. Now, my teeth are bulky and the veneers are not even straight. The right side of my smile is longer than the left side of my smile (if that makes any sense).

When my dentist prepared my teeth for the veneers, he shaved down one of my canine teeth, but not the one on the other side. When we "tried in" the veneers before cementing them on, I didn't notice that they were were not straight. I didn't notice this until the novicane (sp?) wore off, after I left the dentists office.

Another SEVERE problem i'm having is, once the veneers were cemented on, they were too big and bulky. My dentist shaved a lot off of one of my bottom teeth so that the veneers did not get in the way of my bite. Now, over 24 hours later, i'm experiencing some severe sensativity to that tooth. I can't even breeth in without covering my mouth. It's very sensative and I can't sleep.

HELP!!!!!!!!

Old 12-19-2007, 08:35 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User
Re: Laminate Veneer Problems

im no expert on veneers,but i was watching a programme with a top dentist doing veneers and he said the trouble with veneers they do make your tereth sensative to cold etc and you will get this feeling ,not sure what you can do to stop that?
your dentist might be able to give you advise on sensitivity
as for crooked ones he will have to sort it out for you they shouldnt be crooked

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread