It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2007, 12:14 PM   #1
(female)

The Inquirer HB User
2nd Part of Root Canal -- Help!

Hi All,

I had the first part of my very first root canal done 2 weeks ago. Surprisingly, I didn't feel ANYTHING. I had the second part done this past Wednesday -- I felt a little bit, but nothing too bad. However, I called the endodontist the next day because I had lots of pressure on the teeth in front of the tooth that was worked on. I couldn't even floss those teeth because of the pressure and pain. He said it would take a few days to settle down, but to call him immediatley if I got swollen. It hurts when I bite down, but I'm sure that is to be expected. I'm now three days into this and I really think I should be feeling better by now. I thought it was better this morning, but then, out of no where, it started acting up again. I paged the endo, but I haven't heard back from him yet. I'm starting to freak out, as I don't handle dental stuff very well. Does anyone have any advice?

By the way, I was on antibiotics before and after the first part of the root canal, but not for the second part.

Many thanks,
Inq

Old 12-23-2007, 02:46 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User
Re: 2nd Part of Root Canal -- Help!

erm... i've had a few root canals done ,and not had your problem before
so you've had anti biotics before and after first treatment ,and your still suffering pain?
it seems you got a lot infection there,or possible not all of the nerve has been taken there its possible a bit of the nerve still there
best to go back to see your dentist ask him to check it out ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread