It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2007, 02:43 PM   #1
(female)

interstate495 HB User
Dental Sedation

Has any one had this done, my son who is 23 is terrified of the dentist and has neglected his teeth to the point were he needs extensive dental work every tooth needs addressing, he is going to be sedated and spend at least 6 hrs the first time while they do top & bottom on one side then he will go again while they work on the other side he will be sedated both times, I believe they are going to do deep sedation, will he not feel any pain while all this work is getting done I am worried about him being there and being sedated for this long any help would be appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2007, 03:44 PM   #2
(female)

Rosie the 3rd HB User
Re: Dental Sedation

I had IV sedation to have 2 teeth removed, so it wasn't for anything like 6 hours . It is really great, you just don't know anything about it-you are awake, just about but it's almost like you are asleep as you just don't really know what is happening. I was completely unaware of them removing my teeth-your son will be fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2007, 08:27 PM   #3
(female)

interstate495 HB User
Re: Dental Sedation

Thanks for the input I understand from what they told us he wont even be awake, they can bring him around if they need to but the anesthesiologist will be with him all day, he has so much work to be done 10 root canals, extractions crowns the list goes on and on, that is why they need to do it in two visits

Closed Thread