It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2007, 10:02 PM   #1
(female)

janet90 HB User
Need Help With Abcessesed Tooth

Sorry if this has already been posted. I cannot find the information I need on this and I have searched all over the internet.

I had a assessed tooth about a year ago, I was 17 at the time and on state assistance. They do not cover root canals where I live with state assistance. So the dentist drilled out the cavity and capped the tooth. They were suppose to do a follow up appointment to replace the cap but they never did and kept canceling the appointments my mother made.
Well now I'm 18 and have been taken off state assistance. I recently lost my state I.D., and the tooth was never fixed. So about 6-7 months ago the entire tooth broke off with the cap. I know have swollen neck and jaw. Severe pain in my tooth, ear, throat, and seem to have a fever. I have been taking advil, gargling salt water, doing every home remedy I can find but the pain just keeps getting worse. I want to go to the E.R but I don't know if they will see me without and I.D and if I go get my I.D tomorrow I will have to wait a couple more days before I will be able to go to the doctor...

My question is are these the symptoms of blood poisoning? And is there anything I can do to get the pain to subside so that I can get my I.D tomorrow and go to the doctor in next couple of days?

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks,
Janet

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2007, 08:14 AM   #2
(female)

soliloquy HB User
Re: Need Help With Abcessesed Tooth

You should go to the ER right away. Your symptoms indicate a nasty infection. Surely they won't turn you away because you don't have an ID right now. You need some antibiotics and then later, probably an extraction of that broken down tooth. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2007, 11:17 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by soliloquy View Post
You should go to the ER right away. Your symptoms indicate a nasty infection. Surely they won't turn you away because you don't have an ID right now. You need some antibiotics and then later, probably an extraction of that broken down tooth. Good luck.

i agree,you must go to the hospital straight away ,also as it was the dentist fault they kept on cancelling surly .they should finish the treatment they started?

i live in england ,and we have to pay for each visit and for most treatments its very expensive,especially treatment i have to have grrr

but ,at least i think its far easier for me to see a dentist than in america
mind you finding a good dentist is another thing seems these days their only interested in the money and what theya re to the patience teeth
i had a brilliant dentist years ago,but he retired but he took ,time on you also only done treatment that was absolulty essential

well ,i really feel for you and hope you get sorted out soon as possible it is essential you get treatment straight away

Old 12-30-2007, 03:48 PM   #4
(female)

janet90 HB User

Thanks everyone for there help. I did end up going to the ER. Turns out I have a Sinus Infection caused by the tooth. They gave me antibiotics plus Vicodin for the pain. I was also given a number to a dentist that excepts monthly payments so I will be getting the tooth taken care of as soon as I finish the antibiotics. Thanks again,
Janet

Closed Thread