It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2007, 02:29 PM   #1
(male)

Chomper76 HB User
Question Need Help with my Dental Stayplate..........

I am awaiting a Bridge for a single missing tooth and until then (gonna be about a year) I am wearing a dental Stayplate flipper I just got yesterday. First I HATE this device beyond contempt. What I want to know is this:

1. If it breaks, can it be repaired for a price (if so...how much?) or do I have to get another one at full price?

2. Does the fact that mine does not touch the roof of my mouth mean anyuthing? I sound like a 12 year old with a messed up retainer...the "k" sound is IMPOSSIBLE for my to make without sounding like I am spitting air

3. Does the pressure I feel of it in my mouth subside over time from wearing it?

4. The wire clasp on the opposite side of my mouth seems to get scraped when I put it in...will this cause damage to my tooth? If so...how much?

5. Since I cannot eat with this device (UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!) and it has to be soaked in water when I am not using it...what am I to do while eating in public?

6. How often should it be cleaned and how?

I really as of now (I know it is early because I just got it...) I cannot think of one good thing about this. Obviously it has not functional value as a temporary thing but since you can still EASILY see the metal clasp on the other side, I dont find it cosmetically pleasing either...I am tariling on trying to make it work..anyone have any answers or advice for me. If not for the expensive price of the Bridge (which is what I am taking the year to save for) I would have not used this at all!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2007, 04:32 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User
Re: Need Help with my Dental Stayplate..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomper76 View Post
I am awaiting a Bridge for a single missing tooth and until then (gonna be about a year) I am wearing a dental Stayplate flipper I just got yesterday. First I HATE this device beyond contempt. What I want to know is this:

1. If it breaks, can it be repaired for a price (if so...how much?) or do I have to get another one at full price?

2. Does the fact that mine does not touch the roof of my mouth mean anyuthing? I sound like a 12 year old with a messed up retainer...the "k" sound is IMPOSSIBLE for my to make without sounding like I am spitting air

3. Does the pressure I feel of it in my mouth subside over time from wearing it?

4. The wire clasp on the opposite side of my mouth seems to get scraped when I put it in...will this cause damage to my tooth? If so...how much?

5. Since I cannot eat with this device (UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!) and it has to be soaked in water when I am not using it...what am I to do while eating in public?

6. How often should it be cleaned and how?

I really as of now (I know it is early because I just got it...) I cannot think of one good thing about this. Obviously it has not functional value as a temporary thing but since you can still EASILY see the metal clasp on the other side, I dont find it cosmetically pleasing either...I am tariling on trying to make it work..anyone have any answers or advice for me. If not for the expensive price of the Bridge (which is what I am taking the year to save for) I would have not used this at all!!!!!!!
well ,i too,had same thing years ago ,when i too was having a bridge fitted
and yes the wire in time if around tooth for years will eventually damage the tooth its attached too.

but,if yur having a bridge fitted ,it wont be around the tooth for too long.
you say your not having the bridge fitted for ayear? is it because of money?
and yes a bridge can be broken like any other teeth
and yes you would have to pay for another one to be fitted.

when you do have the bridge fitted or rather before ,make sure you have no infection in your gums and your gums are healthy before having a bridge fitted.
as no bridge should be fitted while you have either infection or unhealthy gums
also ,when it is fitted ,you must clean over the tooth thats missing at moment (will be replaced by a false one ) you have to use super floss,and you have to put it inbetween your tooth and gum and go over the tooth and underneath the gum,its really horrible and scary. your dentist will show you how to do it

well good luck

Old 12-30-2007, 02:02 PM   #3
(male)

Chomper76 HB User
Re: Need Help with my Dental Stayplate..........

Thanks for the reply...yeah, I am waiting a year due to money and the fact that I have other procudures I have to get done first, so I am stuck with this for a year....It has been three days now and this thing is JUST AWFUL...the acrylic presses agaist the front of my teeth way too hard and after about 45 minutes I have such a headach I cannot even stand to wear it. USELESS... That wire clasp has already placed a small groove in the tooth it scrapes, and I get inpressions from teh acrylic on the roof of my mouth...I am gonna toss this. I would rather go toothless than feel this pain and damge even more teeth. What a waste of my money. Thanks for your help though...I knew that metal clasp was no good.

Closed Thread