I noticed a week ago that my daughter (five years old) had a bump on her tooth, she had not been complaining of toothache, but I took her to dentist.
They told me to bring her back after a week of antibiotics for an infected tooth and they would crown her or pull her tooth. I take her back after a week and they tried laughing gas and she cried and cried. They are referring her to a specialist now.
They did not give her anymore antibiotics, and the absess is on the bottom row of teeth. I am scared though, because it may be 2 weeks before she gets scheduled in to the specialist. Isn't this dangerous? I mean, I have heard horror stories of people dying. I am just so worried, that I am making myself sick over it.
I wanted the dentist to just pull it out anyway, but bless her little heart, she was just so very terrified. I was frustrated, concerned, upset, scared and confused. In my opinion, he was more concerned about how much time he had to deal with her before going to lunch! He did not know how to turn on the gas either, so that should have been my second clue that it was maybe GOD'S will she did not get worked on there.
So, now I sit waiting for a referral appointment. Does anyone have any kind words of comfort for me???
The specialist they are referring her to is REALLY good. My son went to them but you do have to be referred to them, because they are pediatric specialists. I get my referral tomorrow, but I guess my main concern is the fact she may go another two weeks with the infected tooth before getting into dentist. Is this not dangerious to her, or does it have to go untreated for months before anything dangerous could happen to her?
hi , i'm sure your daughter isnt in any danger, if your daughter is ok gargling salt water ,to keep any infection away,but im sure nothing will happen and hopefully when you see the specialist they sort the problem out,only thing is no doubt once you've seen the specialist then you got to wait again for them to do something?
but as long as your daughter isnt any pain ,i dont think there be a problem
please try not to worry ,i think if worse comes to it when she see's them she might lose the tooth
Today her absess bled for awhile during her meal. I looked at her tooth and it was not any bigger, but looked like to me was a blood blister in the swollen pocket around her tooth. She gagged and spit for about 10 mins and then the bleeding stopped.
Tomorrow I hope she gets scheduled in to see the dentist asap...Do you think the draining will help or make matters worse.
She is my baby and maybe I am over reacting...but I am very concerned that time is against us here, but I don't know much about dental either. Maybe death occurs from complications of never going to dentist and I have been taking her since it was discovered, two weeks now of wait time.
So, as long as it is not getting bigger or her face is swollen, do you think I will be fine for perhaps a two week wait to Dentist.? If I were to take her to the ER..would they pull the tooth or send me to a dentist?
well,it seems as if the infection is coming out so thats a good sign,get a cotton wool bud and put it in warm salted water and bathe the area,
and hopefully you can get an appointment tomorow,just to put your mind at ease.but i think you find the infection is going now
never think your being over protected when it comes to your children as they are precious and its always better to be safe than sorry linda
not sure if your girl is too young to have anti biotics ,but dentist might give her something just to make sure the infection clears up
One thing to keep in mind is that if the absess does break make sure she spits it out and rinses her mouth with warm salt water or it can make her sick because it's the infection. She will know if it breaks because she will get a nasty taste in her mouth and it looks just like pus. I have had a couple in my day so I thought I would try to give a hand.