It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
(male)

Chomper76 HB User
Dental Flipper...AGAIN

Is a flipper supposed to leave grooves/indentations on the roof of your mouth? I am a few days into wearing this "devil device" hahaha and it seems like every day it feels tighter and tighter. I am wondering if anyone knows how exactly this should feel in my mouth? I was told by my dentist that it would feel foreign for a few days but I think it may be ill fitting now as when I take it out my mouth throbs for hours..........What is NORMAL FEELING for a flipper???

Old 01-01-2008, 05:51 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB UserSandybeech HB User
Re: Dental Flipper...AGAIN

Does your flipper have clasps (hooks) or does it just fit by suction? It sounds like it might be too tight. Your mouth should not throb when you remove it. As far as the indentation- where is it? If it is at the very back of the mouth assuming it is an upper, part of the suction is created by making a thicker area here and that may be what you feel.

Go back to the dentist and have it looked at.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2008, 10:40 AM   #3
(male)

Chomper76 HB User
Re: Dental Flipper...AGAIN

Thanks for the reply...Yes, there is a metal clasp on the opposite side of the flipper from where the tooth is. Boy, what a hunk of junk. LOL! I too think it is too tight and am going to have my dentist look at it, I have an appointment in two weeks and they told me to just bring it in then. I have this because I am saving for a bridge and the dentist did not want me getting a removable partial that would clasp at all on the teeth that are going to be used for the bridge...I just wish it worked for eating- What a pain!!! And Yeah, the dents are in the back as it is an upper...I really wish all of these things had been explained to me before getting it. Probably would not have wasted the cash on it to be honest. Lesson learned!!!

Closed Thread