It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2008, 06:51 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

iccemum HB User
Second opinions??

Is there anywhere i can go for a second opinion that isnt going to charge me? (in the uk) Ive had a bridge fitted that ive been backwards and forwards with suffering from pain and now its come loose after just over 3 months, i think that it wasnt fitted right from the get go as there was a massive gap under the bottom of one of the metal flps that held it to my tooth, i told the dentist about this and she filled the gap, am i right in thinking that the metal plate should have been flush? Anyway now im going to have to have it refitted and i just know that she will charge me again, the first time it wiped out my bank account and i cant really afford another bridge but really dont want the denture again. Is there any where i can get a second opinion as to whether it was fitted right in the first place, then i may have a leg to stand on when i insist that it wasnt right in the first place??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2008, 08:47 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User
Re: Second opinions??

there is a dentist in wimpole steet london who deals with this as i was referred there by a dentist ,but you have to be referred there you cannot just make an appointment.cost me about £75 to see him and xrays etc,that was about 10 years ago . but it was well worth the money,as he wrote a report with exactly what i was telling dentist what was wrong and the dentist wouldnt believe me .but this dentist saw the problem

well if you've just had the bridge fitted not long ago,then i would ring your dentist up and tell them if they say they do it again ,say to them it will be free of charge wont it? if they say no ,then write a letter to the dentist omnibus ,would be better if you could get a report from another dentist to say what needs doing,and send it to the dentist omnibus stating when and where you had the bridge done ,and how long its been in ,and the report sayign whats wrong,stating what your dentist told you and they are going to charge you again for the bridge to be fitted again ,(photo copy the letter and report if you get one as keep copy) date the letter also and record delivery it so you know they got it

i was in similar situation ,i was in pain a lot of pain with my bridge .dentist kept on telling me nothign was wrong,but i couldnt eat sleep,went to 5 stone in weight,went to another dentist he took it out i had to pay £1,000 for another one ,and when he took the first bridge out he said the bridge was made too big for my mouth
but because of the problem of the first bridge the second one i had problems with and was told that had to come out too

i tried to sue the first dentist and reclaim my money back and also for the pain and suffering and loss of money gettign my health back
but sadly i lost more money as its very hard to sue a dentist as you've got to prove it was negligence and not a mistake?
which i think what ever its still negligence and even though you have proof its got to come out the courts some times see it as a mistake and i was told i would go bankrupt if i carried on

one thing if i was in my right frame of mind at the tiem and wasnt so ill,the dentist rang me up at home begged me not to sue him as he had a wife and kids,wished i was in right frame of mind and said we settle out of court ,but sadly i didnt think so he got away with it
that dentist moved pracrice in the end as he had a few complaints

so i would if i were you ,first ask your dentist if they are prepared to replace it for free,if they say no you have to pay again ,then with the report hopefully you can get send it to the omnibus and go from there

good luck as i do now how you feel with this
i have settled for a plate instead of the bridge rather go through that pain
not that im too comfortable with it but much better than i did with the bridge

Last edited by bergerbaby; 01-02-2008 at 08:53 AM. Reason: added more

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2008, 02:08 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

iccemum HB User
Re: Second opinions??

Thanks guys, well i went back last week and she just pulled it out (it was that loose) and refitted it, i was the last patient of the day and i think that she was in a hurry to get home, she never checked the bite just stuck it and that was that, the back felt fine and wasnt sharp like it had been so i thought it was ok and off i went....got home and looked and she has fitted it higher than it was before it isnt aligned with my real teeth and so looks like i have really long bottom teeth (the bridge is to replace my bottom two front teeth)and the gap inbetween the teeth on the bridge were they meet the gum looks massive to me, the blackness of the gap looks like decay at first glance! And to top it off she didnt even clean the excess cement from in between my teeth i had to dig it out myself with a pair of tweezers.....and now the pain is back again.....she didnt charge me though!! obviously it isnt right and no doubt will work loose again, for now im going to wait until that happens and then take it from there as i cant bear the thought of her taking it out now and maybe damaging my healthy ones (as she can be slightly heavy handed)! ill keep you posted!

Closed Thread