It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
(female)

Jewdee5 HB User
My 5 year old goes monday....I am scared.

My five year old daughter goes Monday to be put to sleep. They are doing all her teeth at one time. They are pulling her infected tooth a front baby one. They are putting in a spacer and crowning some of her molars. They said to plan on being there for 2 hours. Isn't that an aweful long time to put a baby to sleep? AND....is this considered major surgery since or minor? Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of children being put to sleep for dental work. They have to put her to sleep because she refuses to cooperate with them in pulling out the infected tooth.

I have been sad and worried all weekend long. I just want to sit and hold her. I don't want to cry and have her all freaked out about it. She is on an antibiotic again and she has this cough congestion going on. I wonder if that will interfere or complicate her surgery?

Worried, Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2008, 11:48 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User
Re: My 5 year old goes monday....I am scared.

well,naturally you be worried about your young child ,going through this at her age,
but i dont think you have anything to worry about,mind you ive not heard of a child as young as 5 having crowns put on teeth though at that young age

i would of thought ,her teeth at ,moment are her milk teeth? and she have new ones grown after they fall out?
well obviously im not a dentist and dont know the situation

why dont ,you ask the dentist that comes round to talk to you before the procedure ,to explain further why she is having all this done?
and why she has to have crowns at her age?
and how worried you are amount the lengh of time she be under.im sure they will assure you she be ok

good luck for tomorrow

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread