It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2008, 08:07 PM   #1
(female)

guanmother HB User
New to site! Having extracts done tomorrow w/immediate dentures

Never posted here before, so bear w/me! Having 12 upper teeth pulled tomorrow, then immediate dentures put in.
I think I did the proper prior research, but STILL a bit nervous!!

The 'immediate upper denture' was made by Affordable Dentures. I have to say the dentist there was a doll, was VERY reassuring & thought things would go very well!! He took impressions of BOTH upper & lower teeth/gums & I was able to pick up my new upper 'choppers' today. I'm having the extractions done TOMORROW by an oral surgeon).

I purchased the 'Premium Package' at Affordable Dentures. This INCLUDES:
1) the 'immediate denture'
2) the 'final denture'
3) all adjustments, including soft & hard relines until I receive my 'final denture'

Any opinions or advice?!

Old 01-17-2008, 02:48 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User
Re: New to site! Having extracts done tomorrow w/immediate dentures

Quote:
Originally Posted by guanmother View Post
Never posted here before, so bear w/me! Having 12 upper teeth pulled tomorrow, then immediate dentures put in.
I think I did the proper prior research, but STILL a bit nervous!!

The 'immediate upper denture' was made by Affordable Dentures. I have to say the dentist there was a doll, was VERY reassuring & thought things would go very well!! He took impressions of BOTH upper & lower teeth/gums & I was able to pick up my new upper 'choppers' today. I'm having the extractions done TOMORROW by an oral surgeon).

I purchased the 'Premium Package' at Affordable Dentures. This INCLUDES:
1) the 'immediate denture'
2) the 'final denture'
3) all adjustments, including soft & hard relines until I receive my 'final denture'

Any opinions or advice?!
well.good luck for a start, i think the worst part be having all the teeth out at same time,upper dentures are far better to get on with ,as the sucksion fromthe roof of the mouth,holds the plate there ,might be a bit loose with the tempory one for a bit but once you got the permanant one's ,you should be ok and once you;'ve got used to them be able to eat ok and they should stay
only thing might bring the plate down ,i found is eating anything doughy,like a sandwhich ,but break all your food up rather than just biting into it

if you find ,your having problems and dont feel comfortable with the palte in case it slips a lot ,you can get fixodene and other things to keep the plate in place
i dont like using the fixodene as i find the glue really *yuk* but i suppose if you persovere with it and get used to it be ok

its how you feel ,it probably take you a day or two to get used to them and you can always buy the fixodene glue or powder or other types incase you need it

well good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

I have an odd feeling I am heading down the same path.

Wouldn't the denture paste to keep the device still not be allowed due to the mouth being in a healing mode. Would that not cause infection or slow down the healing process in another way? I want to ask about price but we are in different countries so I don't think there is much point.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you and your recovery is quick

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 01-17-2008, 11:31 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trg247 View Post
I have an odd feeling I am heading down the same path.

Wouldn't the denture paste to keep the device still not be allowed due to the mouth being in a healing mode. Would that not cause infection or slow down the healing process in another way? I want to ask about price but we are in different countries so I don't think there is much point.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you and your recovery is quick

take care
trg247
well,it is better not to in the healing process ,but ,the dentist would be able to re-assure you whether it be ok,but being the top denture i dont think you have much problem with it apart from getting used to a denture in your mouth instead of your own teeth

well good luck to you too trg as i might be going through it soon myself apart from it be my lower teeth i have to have a denture for,and far harder to get on with but hopefully when i go to london hospital they be able to prevent that from happening,but im not a lucky person and seems im doomed to be in pain and discomfort

Old 01-18-2008, 10:31 PM   #5
(male)

willybrown HB User

Whether you may have "NEEDED" your teeth extracted and replaced with dentures is not certain. It appears that you are past the point of reversing this decision. What matters now and after the dentures are delivered/ inserted is the service you receive post-operatively.
If you have soreness or fit or other comfort problems- how they are addressed and solved to your satisfaction will be very revealing.
If they do not fit or are not comfortable to your satisfaction, you have the right to have your concerns addressed and corrected. Do not accept vague answers or excuses. Having natural teeth removed and replaced with dentures does not solve all problems. Once you get a denture you are potentailly in for a different set of problems...
The fabrication removable dentures and patient management concerns that go along with them requires a significant amount of skill and a caring attitude by the dentist. Sad to say that this is an area where it is commonly found dentists to be deficient in.

Good luck to you.

Closed Thread