It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2008, 02:41 PM   #1
(female)

dreemesicle HB User
Pain After Preparation For Bridge And Crowns?

Hello Everyone! I'm new to this board but have found your posts very helpful.
I've had bridge and crown work done on each side(upper teeth) in the past 6 months. Both times, after the first appointment where the Dentist prepares your teeth for the bridge and crowns and puts the temps on, I've had extremely excruciating pain once the novacane wore off. The pain continued for 2-3 days. I deal with pain very well and this surprised me.
My question to you is did you have severe pain after the prep? Is this normal?
I'm having another bridge and crowns done this week...Different Dentist because of all the unbelievable mistakes and problems I had with my previous Dentist
Thanks in advance for your help! I sure can use it lol
Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!
Tammy*

Old 01-27-2008, 08:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiasmama HB User
Re: Pain After Preparation For Bridge And Crowns?

I"m actually having a similar issue. I have a temp crown on a tooth and it feels like a tooth ache!! The tooth was actually fine (well, no pain) but the dentist noticed a crack and decided to put a crown on it. So I come home with the temp and it's killing me for three weeks now. I can't chew on that side, or drink anything cold! I'm fearful that he got the nerve going and now it's not going to calm down.

Actually...it seems like a part of my nerve is exposed near the gum line. I have no idea if that is possible, but that's what it feels like because if food touches that area, it HURTS.

Now the last few days it's been a bit better, at least not a constant throbbing. Maybe it just needed this time to calm down. I dunno what to tell you really, just mention it to your dentist and see what he thinks. I"m hoping I don't need a root canal after all this.
good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2008, 09:02 PM   #3
(female)

dreemesicle HB User
Re: Pain After Preparation For Bridge And Crowns?

Oh no, sounds like you've been through quite a lot yourself. I hope your tooth continues to feel better and hopefully, you won't need a root canal. To be honest, I had 3 root canal's this past year and there was no pain to speak of. It honestly was nothing. That's another reason I was surprised at how much pain I was in after the Dentist prepared my teeth for the bridge.

Closed Thread