It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2008, 03:41 PM   #1
(female)

tina37 HB User
Some Advice Needed Please

Hi everyone im getting a bit confused here so here goes I have broken 3 teeth right next to each other on the right hand side of my mouth apart from that only lost few teeth here and there. So anyway have been to the dentist today and he said yeah the 3 teeth will have to be extracted and i just assumed that i would be given a bridge with 3 false teeth to cover the gap of teeth i had lost after doing research on internet about it but when i asked the dentist he said i would be having dentures to cover the gap which would not be attached to my teeth but would be held by the suction in my mouth im feeling scared is a normal thing to do will the teeth look false im confused as anybody had this done who can advise me thanks tina.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2008, 01:38 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User
Re: Some Advice Needed Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina37 View Post
Hi everyone im getting a bit confused here so here goes I have broken 3 teeth right next to each other on the right hand side of my mouth apart from that only lost few teeth here and there. So anyway have been to the dentist today and he said yeah the 3 teeth will have to be extracted and i just assumed that i would be given a bridge with 3 false teeth to cover the gap of teeth i had lost after doing research on internet about it but when i asked the dentist he said i would be having dentures to cover the gap which would not be attached to my teeth but would be held by the suction in my mouth im feeling scared is a normal thing to do will the teeth look false im confused as anybody had this done who can advise me thanks tina.

ah ,tina this makes more sense ,i have a partial denture ,3 teeth at front and one at back, the suction of the roof of the mouth ,keeps the denture in ,obviously it could slip slightly here and there and while eating doughy things like bread etc,but break your food up ,rather than munch straight onto them helps

if you ,still dont feel comfortable ,you can get some denture glue to hold it there more firmer ,its whether you can get on with them ,i cant i find it ok with the suction of the roof ,and if it slips i just quickly push it back with my tongue or fingers

nothing to worry about tina ,just persevere you be ok

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2008, 07:38 AM   #3
(female)

tina37 HB User
Re: Some Advice Needed Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergerbaby View Post
ah ,tina this makes more sense ,i have a partial denture ,3 teeth at front and one at back, the suction of the roof of the mouth ,keeps the denture in ,obviously it could slip slightly here and there and while eating doughy things like bread etc,but break your food up ,rather than munch straight onto them helps

if you ,still dont feel comfortable ,you can get some denture glue to hold it there more firmer ,its whether you can get on with them ,i cant i find it ok with the suction of the roof ,and if it slips i just quickly push it back with my tongue or fingers

nothing to worry about tina ,just persevere you be ok
well i got the partial denture today and it feels gross like i have a load of bubbly gum stuck to the roof of my mouth. I dont want to speak as i sound funny also the dentist was asking me how it felt etc and i just nodded my head . i looked in the mirror and it looks ok i suppose i think everyone is just looking at me when really they are not.

Closed Thread