It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 10:27 PM   #1
(female)

midniteblue HB User
Unhappy Leaky tooth, what is it?

<ref: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=265792>

Hi, I just read your response to my posting. I hardly use the post so didn't know how to find my postings to read responses. I finally know how and saw your response and feel very bad that I didn't respond back to you right away. As of today I still have that draining in my tooth or gum. You asked if I am swollen, no where swollen maybe because it keeps draining out and I am think possibly the mouthwash I use everyday maybe keeps the leak open and not building up inside. When I look at my gum area I see blue where the apicoectomy debris in inside my gum. I think the leak is coming from behind the last molar I have left and next to it is where they pulled the wisdom tooth. I read somewhere some get left over pus left in the pocket after wisdom tooth pulled and wondering if that's what I got but not sure. All the dentist I go to all say they don't see anything and I walk out depressed. Been dealing with this like 5 years now. I gave up for awhile and now have a dentist appointment in couple of weeks and who knows maybe by now they might see something. I hope. Those last few dentists I saw didn't even want to pull out the last molar up. I feel they're avoiding stuff and that's why they say the don't see anything. Well that's good I didn't know they can get rid of infection without losing the tooth. I been on so many antiobiotics and none of it got rid of it. Thank you for responding to me and will be back again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush_rulz View Post
Well, I would guess that it could be an abcessed tooth , though I'm not sure it's possible to "taste" the leak you are describing but if an abcess drains, it leaks and you would feel that....Wow--so they just took out the root canaled tooth just like that? Seems they would have examined that other tooth back there just to check. Since I had my root canal, a week ago, I get this odd taste in my mouth but dentist says no infection--and I would think that if I had one by now I'd be very swollen. So that's a question--are you swollen? Like, is your face swollen on that side?

I have terrible siunitis myself and the right nostril has been so clogged lately , probably that's due to the root canal, since it was on that side. Sinuses can get bad due to bad teeth and even vice versa, so the nasal polyps getting bad are normal, if you will. I'd ask the dentist, if I were you, if he thinks it's possible that tooth is abcessed. From what I know about abcesses--and that's not a lot--you can kill the infection and still not have to loose the tooth so don't just let them extract it! Good luck!

Last edited by mod-anon; 02-06-2008 at 11:35 PM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2008, 11:50 PM   #2
(female)

midniteblue HB User
Re: Leaky tooth, what is it?

Okay, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod-anon View Post
Started a new thread with this post, with reference to the original thread. Please do not reply to a 3-year-old thread, even if it's your own! It really slows down the server. Thank you.

Closed Thread