It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2008, 03:12 AM   #1
(male)

AussieBloke08 HB User
Swollen Gum

I've got a swollen jaw, chin and gum because my wisdom tooth is infected. I have to wait 4 weeks until it can be removed. Does anybody know any ways to get the swelling down until then??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2008, 04:07 AM   #2
(female)

charlottefr HB User
Re: Swollen Gum

Hi...I used a cold gel pack on the area for l5 to 20 minutes a few times a day...and was also prescribed anti-inflammatory pills to take prior to my operation (I had infection also). I also tried to rest as much as possible. Did your dentist prescribe anything to you for the swelling when you went to see him/her?

btw...I learned the hard way not to use heat on the infected area! That's not a good idea..has to be cold.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2008, 09:44 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bergerbaby HB User
Re: Swollen Gum

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieBloke08 View Post
I've got a swollen jaw, chin and gum because my wisdom tooth is infected. I have to wait 4 weeks until it can be removed. Does anybody know any ways to get the swelling down until then??
hi ,i suffer a lot with swollen gums iburferan tablets are best for the pain and helps with the swollen gums ,also cordysil mouth wash for gingivitous(you dont have to have gingivitous to use this mouthwash)
also anbesol mouth gel ,for ulcers and denture soreness ,is good rub on gums it will numb it and also help with infections

hope this helps you ,as i know myself how sore swollen gums are ,also you could get anti biotics ,to help with the swollen gums as it also helps to get rid of any infection that makes your gums swell

Closed Thread