It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2008, 07:27 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
Pain in left side of face

Hi, for about 4 days now i have been suffering pain in my teeth on the left side of my face. It goes from the bottom to the top hurting. My left ear is kinda hurting also. I have a headache. My teeth for some reason are very sensitive also. My cheek bone on the left even hurts. Do you think it could be sinus related or a tooth issue? I cant get into the dentist till Wednesday!!!

Old 02-16-2008, 08:57 PM   #2
(female)

charlottefr HB User
Re: Pain in left side of face

Hi confused..almost 3 months ago those were the symptoms I started having from an infected tooth (wisdom) on the left lower side. Pain on left side of face, headaches, molars hurt when I chewed, and pain in my inner ear from time to time. I also had a very dry mouth during the night and problems opening my jaw fully...and it hurt my throat to swallow. It was very uncomfortable to lay on the right side of my face while sleeping...symptoms weren't as bad if I laid on my left side for some reason!

I'm glad you are able to get in to see your dentist so quickly! When I first called mine, she said I could have an appointment in two months..yikes. I convinced them that it was urgent and I was in pain, and they gave me an earlier appointment.

Last edited by charlottefr; 02-16-2008 at 08:58 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2008, 06:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User

I actually have a wisdom tooth that is rotten. I went to the dentist about it a few months ago, it was a new dentist and i did not care for him at all so i have been waiting to get into this new dentist that i will see on Wednesday. The tooth was not causing me problems when i was there to see him it was actually a different tooth that he took care of then i was going to go back to get this wisdom tooth out but i wanted to find someone else. It is on the upper left side, would that back tooth be causing the other teeth to hurt on that side. That tooth itself does not seem to hurt at all. I also cant lay on my left side it hurts and feels somewhat better when i lay on my right side. I just feel horrible the pain is bad and it is also making me feel so sick. I had some left over antibiotics that i have been taking but they dont seem to be helping. I just wish Wednesday would get here!!!! Thank you so much for your reply i wasnt sure what was going on.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:22 AM   #4
(male)

tmtabfree HB User

I had this same problem about 2 yrs ago. It ended up swelling my face so bad my mother asked what i was hit with!! Turned out to be an absece(sp?) under one of my teeth. Glad you are getting in the dentist so soon. try Advil for the pain, they also sell a product called NUMBZIT at wal-greens that you can rub on the gums to ease some of the pain. good luck and much love....

Old 02-17-2008, 10:04 AM   #5
(female)

charlottefr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused32 View Post
I actually have a wisdom tooth that is rotten. I went to the dentist about it a few months ago, it was a new dentist and i did not care for him at all so i have been waiting to get into this new dentist that i will see on Wednesday. The tooth was not causing me problems when i was there to see him it was actually a different tooth that he took care of then i was going to go back to get this wisdom tooth out but i wanted to find someone else. It is on the upper left side, would that back tooth be causing the other teeth to hurt on that side. That tooth itself does not seem to hurt at all. I also cant lay on my left side it hurts and feels somewhat better when i lay on my right side. I just feel horrible the pain is bad and it is also making me feel so sick. I had some left over antibiotics that i have been taking but they dont seem to be helping. I just wish Wednesday would get here!!!! Thank you so much for your reply i wasnt sure what was going on.
Hi again confused...I'm wondering if you could call the new dentist tomorrow morning and explain your symptoms and concerns again to him and mention specifically your wisdom tooth that has decayed. Maybe you can ask whether he thinks you should see him earlier? He might be able to fit you in to the schedule somewhere just for a quick checkup...long enough to get a prescription for antibiotics and painkillers if necessary?

I'm sorry you're experiencing so much pain and worries right now with your teeth..I know it seems like an eternity to wait for an appt when you are having pain

Old 01-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #6
(female)

pash5404 HB User

Hi, ive got this pain at the moment and cant understand what it is. I went to the dentist this morning and they said that there was nothing wrong, that I had no problems with my teeth. So I am left now not know what the problem is with a pain in the side of my face. Any ideas?

Old 07-16-2010, 03:33 PM   #7
(female)

want to know y HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pash5404 View Post
Hi, ive got this pain at the moment and cant understand what it is. I went to the dentist this morning and they said that there was nothing wrong, that I had no problems with my teeth. So I am left now not know what the problem is with a pain in the side of my face. Any ideas?
Hi. I am having the same problem. I went to dentist nothing wrong. Saw my doctor. Thought it was sinus related. Had CT scan . Sinus were fine. Now waiting to have a MRI. She thinks there is a problem with the nerves in my face. Please go see your doctor. You may have sinus or nerve problems.

Closed Thread