It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
(male)

Drewstew HB User
Bad tasting excretion in mouth after wisdom teeth extraction.

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth extracted on Monday. The pain and swelling seem to have been going down as of late, but I found that today, I was getting this foul tasting excretion in my mouth that seemed to be generating from the lower extraction points. I don't think they're infected, as I haven't felt extremely sick, and the pain/swelling haven't gotten much worse, but it's been steadily excreting the fluid all day and I'm starting to get slightly worried. Does anyone know if this is normal?

Old 03-01-2008, 10:20 PM   #2
(female)

katzfriend HB User
Re: Bad tasting excretion in mouth after wisdom teeth extraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewstew View Post
I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth extracted on Monday. The pain and swelling seem to have been going down as of late, but I found that today, I was getting this foul tasting excretion in my mouth that seemed to be generating from the lower extraction points. I don't think they're infected, as I haven't felt extremely sick, and the pain/swelling haven't gotten much worse, but it's been steadily excreting the fluid all day and I'm starting to get slightly worried. Does anyone know if this is normal?

Try rinsing gently with saltwater. When I had my 4 wisdom teeth all pulled at the same time, little food particles got caught in the extraction sites and produced some really foul smelling odors. The warm salt water was able to dislodge the particles and helped speed the healing of the extraction sites. I would call the dentist on Monday and ask him to have a look, to be on the safe side.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2008, 11:20 PM   #3
(female)

CoastieGirl7287 HB User
Re: Bad tasting excretion in mouth after wisdom teeth extraction.

when i got mine removed they gave me a syringe to use to flush out the extraction spots so i could get the food out. only had a few issues with the foul taste/odor.

Closed Thread