It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2008, 12:58 PM   #1
(female)

gossamerfairy HB User
Teeth throbbing!

For a couple of days now, I have had this really bad pain in the bottom, left side area. This pain is throbbing, and it fluctuates between mild and moderate pain. One weird thing is that the pain is relieved when I drink something cold. My teeth have always been sensitive to hot/cold, so I am baffled. I need to go to the dentist because I know I have cavities. This pain just doesn't feel like its coming from 1 tooth; it feels like its my whole row of teeth on the bottom left side. In other words, I can't pinpoint the cause. I have been taking so much tylenol, and it helps. Sometimes I get the pain intensely, it hurts for a few minutes then it can go hours without, and then later hurts again. I do not have pain with biting down.
Any suggestions?

Old 03-13-2008, 01:57 PM   #2
(male)

Moses86 HB User
Re: Teeth throbbing!

That's often the case with cavities, the pain is poorly defined and may seem to radiate to other teeth that are otherwise healthy. The x-rays will clear that up!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
(female)

alaa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamerfairy View Post
For a couple of days now, I have had this really bad pain in the bottom, left side area. This pain is throbbing, and it fluctuates between mild and moderate pain. One weird thing is that the pain is relieved when I drink something cold. My teeth have always been sensitive to hot/cold, so I am baffled. I need to go to the dentist because I know I have cavities. This pain just doesn't feel like its coming from 1 tooth; it feels like its my whole row of teeth on the bottom left side. In other words, I can't pinpoint the cause. I have been taking so much tylenol, and it helps. Sometimes I get the pain intensely, it hurts for a few minutes then it can go hours without, and then later hurts again. I do not have pain with biting down.
Any suggestions?
hello..yes you may have to take and x-ray you might have acute pulpitis which is an inflammation of one of your teeth

Old 06-25-2008, 05:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User

The recent abscessed tooth I had gave me pain all along one side of my teeth even though it was only one tooth. I'd go in very soon at least for an evaluation. You want to be able to save your tooth and not get sick from an infection,

Old 06-25-2008, 08:22 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Evie4 HB User

Yup...like the last poster...I had that and it turned out to be an abscess under a molar which once in the gum travel to the front of my mouth. I had it for about 3 days before I saw the dentist.

Closed Thread