It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
(male)

dieseldan HB User
Unhappy is this TMJ, wisdom teeth, or both?

I have been having horrible pain in my ears and head for the last year and a half now. In that time period i have had wisdom teeth pain also. 1 of my bottom wisdom teeth has come all the way through and the other bottom is partially through, but my top 2 are now starting to hurt. I have lots of the TMJ symptoms like blood shot eyes, headaches, ear pain, and neck pain. Could both of these things be causing troubles for me? Normally its just my jaw bone behind my ears that hurts, but the last 2 weeks i've had pain in my cheeks and in my teeth. I can push on my wisdom teeth and they don't hurt or feel sore. I need help figuring out what's going on. I also don't have dental insurance right now. Can wisdom teeth cause you to have slight fevers as well? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #2
(female)

thekoifish HB User
Re: is this TMJ, wisdom teeth, or both?

Hi ,That sounds like an infection if you are having a fever
i have TMJ also and suffer alot ,you have to see a dentist
and also get a night gaurd for clenching at night.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
(male)

TMJHater HB User
Re: is this TMJ, wisdom teeth, or both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldan View Post
I have been having horrible pain in my ears and head for the last year and a half now. In that time period i have had wisdom teeth pain also. 1 of my bottom wisdom teeth has come all the way through and the other bottom is partially through, but my top 2 are now starting to hurt. I have lots of the TMJ symptoms like blood shot eyes, headaches, ear pain, and neck pain. Could both of these things be causing troubles for me? Normally its just my jaw bone behind my ears that hurts, but the last 2 weeks i've had pain in my cheeks and in my teeth. I can push on my wisdom teeth and they don't hurt or feel sore. I need help figuring out what's going on. I also don't have dental insurance right now. Can wisdom teeth cause you to have slight fevers as well? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regardless of not having dental insurance, I recommend you go to your dentist regarding your wisdom teeth and be sure to mention your suspicion that you may have TMJ. If your dentist agrees with your suspicion, he will likely get you fitted for a splint to protect your teeth from wear and tear.

If you have a fever, you're probably just sick, but again, be sure to mention this to your dentist, as this can be a sign of perhaps some sort of infection (though not likely).

As my screen name indicates, I have TMJD, and if you have this as well, it's very important to get a splint as soon as possible. The wear on your teeth from bruxing can cause your teeth to loosen and crack. No one likes that. Well, maybe some do, but those people are creepy.

The guard is 300-350 dollars. If your teeth are not important to you, then don't get it. But I will tell you that down the road it will cost you a lot more money in addition to a lot of pain, and a lot of teeth. Not to scare you, but if you do have TMJD, it's very, very important to get a splint for it.

Closed Thread