It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
(male)

TMJHater HB User
Question Teeth Making Clicking Sound When Pushed

As is clearly presented in my name, I am a TMJ sufferer. I have a splint that wear nightly and I brush and floss regularly and go to my dentist twice a year making sure to mention any strange new things.

I've noticed that my teeth feel like they're moving. When I've gone to the dentist, they've stated none of my teeth are mobile (loose or moving), but they still feel like they're moving, or more directly, my teeth feel loose... but they're not. I carefully push them with my finger, and they only move ever so slightly (just like every tooth is designed to), but with a soft, nigh inaudible click. When I push them with my tongue, once again, no real movement, but the same clicking sound/feeling.

Sometimes after eating, it effects my front teeth as well, which receive no contact at all due to the design of my splint. When I push at the soft palate above the front teeth, they click as well, but only for a while.

Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone had a dentist give a definitive answer as to what this may be? Is it a serious problem or yet another unwelcome affliction of TMJD that we must simply live with?

P.S. To the moderator: Sorry for bumping the old topic! Is it ok if I link it?

Last edited by TMJHater; 03-18-2008 at 11:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
(female)

kkl HB User
Re: Teeth Making Clicking Sound When Pushed

Are you wearing a hard acrylic splint or a soft one? It could be that you are grinding your teeth at night and causing them to feel loose. How is your bite?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2008, 02:40 PM   #3
(male)

TMJHater HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkl View Post
Are you wearing a hard acrylic splint or a soft one? It could be that you are grinding your teeth at night and causing them to feel loose. How is your bite?
Dentists make soft ones? I can't imagine that even beginning to work. No, mine's a hard one.

I am completely certain it is my grinding that makes them feel loose, however dentists notice nothing out of the ordinary.

My bite is atrocious, as it usually is for people with TMJD and nasty bruxism.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:54 PM   #4
(female)

kkl HB User

Have your dentist double check the fit of the acrylic splint. If it does not fit correctly, your teeth will move and loosen when grinding at night. Also, if your bite is really off, it can also cause your teeth to feel loose. I speak from experience.

The soft splints aren't very good. Some people end up chewing more on them in their sleep.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:15 AM   #5
(male)

TMJHater HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkl View Post
Have your dentist double check the fit of the acrylic splint. If it does not fit correctly, your teeth will move and loosen when grinding at night. Also, if your bite is really off, it can also cause your teeth to feel loose. I speak from experience.

The soft splints aren't very good. Some people end up chewing more on them in their sleep.
Hmm. My teeth feel loose but most certainly are not. It's very strange.

The people on this old thread explain the feeling I'm having exactly:
[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=264222[/url]

Last edited by TMJHater; 03-19-2008 at 07:17 AM.

Closed Thread