Tomorrow I'm going to have 11 teeth extracted, 5 on top, 6 on the bottom. At that time they said they will be putting in partials. I am terrified beyond terrified. I mean really really scared.
They are going to give me general anesthia (sp) and I'm afraid I'm not going to wake up (32 year smoker) and/or come to during the process and not be able to tell them and feel everything, which would drive me that final step over the bend. I'm shaking right now I'm so scared.
Some of the other things that are scaring me:
One abcess is above my right front tooth, that has a crown on it and got infected and has been for a very long time. Well the infection is huge and almost got into my sinus cavity and has hit the bone. Yike.
I have receding gums on the bottom two front teeth that has turned black and those teeth are coming out but what scares me is, what happens to the black gums when the teeth are removed? Do they cut that stuff off at the time? Or do they just stitch over it? YUCK!
And they said they are putting on partials right away? That doesn't make sense to me. Doesn't the gums need time to heal? And why put temps on until the perms are done? I mean sure esthetic reasons but if the patient doesn't care about that why do it? I mean they not only want to put these partials on immediately after the extractions but ready for this, they want me to come back the NEXT day to remove the partials and do whatever. YIKE YIKE!!
And the worst of all, this dentist office SUCKS and there isn't a darned thing I can do about it.
1) When I told them I didnt' want partials (too much money) they said well the oral surgeon won't do the extractions without doing to partials at the same time and if I don't like to find another oral surgeon. Yes they said those exact words.
2) I have smoked for 32 years out of my 41 so my teeth aren't exactly white. Well after they did the impressions this past Monday for the op tomorrow they were comparing fake tooth colors to the teeth I"m going to have left and they were yellow, so I say to them, "your giving me yellow teeth?" and the one lady said, "well we could give you brown". I mean come on here what kind of bedside manner is that.
3) None of these people can look me in the eye.
4) When I asked what kind of stitches they use after the extractions (disolvable or the other) the lady flippantly says they use whichever they prefer. Don't I have any say in that?
5) I have never met the oral surgeon who is doing the surgery tomorrow, we live in PA and apparently this guy comes over 2 days a week from Manhattan to do oral surgery. This scares me. I don't know this guy from Adam.
6) This is not MY plan to deal with these teeth. Were it up to me I would have 2 pulled at a time and then have the perms put on after I'm all healed up. That way the cost I could cover and I wouldn't have to be terrified of going under, etc..... But they said this guy won't do just 2 teeth. UGH!
To cut this off a little cause it's getting a little long- This has to be done tomorrow- I'm scared so much - and I have no idea what to do.
But bottom line I feel like if they don't take these teeth out I"m a goner.
Does anyone have any advice for me. Please?
ps, I have no insurance and the only way I could see this dentist was through a dentist credit company (which all these procedures tomorrow are going to cost me 285 bucks a month- which means I lose my car but I feel like my teeth and gums are killing me-truthfully I've been having terrible physical health for a year and half now and I know it's the teeth). Not to mention the sharp head- jaw and neck pains. It's obvious I need help but YIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you in advance for any help. It is much appreciated.
[Do not use cuss/slang words. Please read more about this and the other rules by clicking the "Posting Policy above. Thanks - Well-come Moderator.]