It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2008, 03:42 AM   #1
(male)

abrod18 HB User
Unhappy Can't afford braces :(

I live in melbourne Australa and am currently 17. I have a class 3 jaw malocclusion, my bottow jaw protrudes by 10mm. To get the surgery (which i dunno how to afford either) i have to first wear braces for about a 6 months which will cost me around $7,000..to get my teeth aligned. I have no idea how i can afford this, rumor has it insurance doesn't cover braces, and even if it did i'd have to wait a year to get it done. I really want to get this surgery asap, collecting the money is one thing, but then having to come up with another $8,000 for the surgery within the year is another.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:01 AM   #2
(female)

Rosie the 3rd HB User
Re: Can't afford braces :(

Not everyone can get braces done on the NHS. Even children now have to have a severe problem with their teeth before the NHS will pay. Lots of parents now have to pay hundreds to have their kids wear braces. So I don't think that is an option really.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-27-2008 at 06:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2008, 12:37 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie the 3rd View Post
Not everyone can get braces done on the NHS. Even children now have to have a severe problem with their teeth before the NHS will pay. Lots of parents now have to pay hundreds to have their kids wear braces. So I don't think that is an option really.
My daughter had this very surgery and the only way she was able to get it was braces first. The results after braces and surgery was wonderful. Have you sought a orthodontist to see if they would be willing to help you. Are your parents unable to help? Sometimes orthodontists can help you set up a payment plan. It is worth it to try. This is an investment in the quality of your life.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:04 AM   #4
(male)

Bigfoot77 HB User

I'm getting braces in a few weeks and I was surprised about the financing options. I had the option of paying as low as $53 a month. I would have done it sooner if I known how cheap it was.

Closed Thread