It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2008, 05:58 AM   #1
(female)

anotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB User
Implants Loose - How Did They Get Out The Part In Jaw?

Did anyone have a failed implant in which they had to have the part that grew into the bone out? I heard they sometimes have to cut part of the bone around it out? If so, what happened to you after that? Did you do another bone fill in and did it leave your face looking very different? I want an implant but a failure of it concerns me if the part in the jawbone really needed to come out. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2008, 07:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: Implants Loose - How Did They Get Out The Part In Jaw?

I had my implants removed and really it looked no different than when a tooth is removed - so yes there is an indentation in the bone where the implant post used to be - but if a tooth was removed it would be the same way. My OS did bone grafts after the removals just in case I decided to do them again in the future. The reason I had them removed was that I developed severe tmj and every dentist I went to thought it had to do with the angle of the implants even though I was fine for the first 10 yrs or so - so after having them for almost 15 yrs I had them removed - such a shame since it did little in terms of affecting the tmj symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2008, 09:36 AM   #3
(female)

npille HB User
Re: Implants Loose - How Did They Get Out The Part In Jaw?

A dentist should be able to tell if you have enough bone to accept an implant. I had two and they took fine but the dentist put one in the wrong place and it got loose and infected. He then jerked it out and it splintered my bones (but not jawbone) You may look at my other messages to people who are considering implants. Most of the time they don't fail, and in my case they were solid but this dentist, who has now had his licence suspended by his bad practice,
put it in the wrong place. But for the most part, implants are great
if you can afford them. I spent a ton of money and but for the
malpractice of this one dentist, I still would have them. Just beware of who does it.

Closed Thread