It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
(female)

anotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB Useranotherpatty HB User
What's it like to get a "single tooth" bone graft?

Has anyone had a bone graft for 1 tooth at the time of extracting the tooth? If so, would you describe to me what the experience was like? I'm getting one in a week and I'd like to know - good or bad - what it's like. I'm also wondering how they can fill in the space while it's bleeding after the pulling. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2008, 01:57 PM   #2
(female)

Edelweiss HB User
Re: What's it like to get a "single tooth" bone graft?

With the last tooth I had extracted about a year ago, I had bone grafting material inserted at the time of the extraction. I believe it was a synthetic material that is merely put into the socket before it's sutured closed. My intent was to get an implant, but I've yet to get that far! LOL (I have had two previous successful bone implants where the bone grafting material was inserted during the implant prodedure itself.)

Actually, by inserted the bone grafting material after the extraction, post surgery bleeding is often minimized so there's no worry in that department. As far as discomfort, I could not tell the difference between this last extraction where the grafting was done and other extractions where there was no grafting done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2008, 08:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User
Re: What's it like to get a "single tooth" bone graft?

I had the bone graft done and a new partial all at once. I had no problem and thought the extraction was easier to deal with. Godbless

Closed Thread