It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User
Major Dizzyness/nausea with an abscessed tooth

Has anyone else had these symptoms with an abscessed tooth. It's almost worse than the tooth pain. If you did, I'm just wondering if it goes away once the tooth is worked on.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:24 PM   #2
(female)

jandi HB User
Re: Major Dizzyness/nausea with an abscessed tooth

I have 3 abcesses just found this week..no holes and under a crfown. The abcesses are eating away my jaw. I went on Augmentin (Amoxycillin +Clav) last week and each day the dizziness and nausea and pressure/fullness/tension in head is gradually reducing.. about 90% better now, 've been on a3 courses of Augmentin so far. We only found the abcesses this week as for a year I've been asking dentists and they just look for a hole.. no holes.
I suspect its from a car accident last August where my jaw probably got whipped together as it felt like my teeth had been jarred together amnd i had a liitle blood in my mouth consistent with this..probably seatbelt coming on under jaw..
anyway.. I do know its an infection that is causing the blance/eararche (like inner ear ache but as extrem,e as a middle ear infection), a feeling like mumps/swolledn gland, tightness in neck muscles.. very giddy if try to lift held, difficult to hold head up.. soreness under chin (the endo checked for this and said it must be bad if it gets this far, but he didnt agree with the balance ear probalems and nausea etc..and yet its all going on augmentin).
IMy tooth is beginning to settle too. I'm wondering as I still fell pain in my tooth, wouldnt the nerve still be alive?, and do I need to go thru a root canal, or pulling my last upper molar or maybe could a long course on antibiotics , even IV antibiotics lift the infection as it does in other parts of the bady? why not the tooth?
Sorry I cant help you with what happens.. I'm at a loss too:-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2008, 04:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User

Thanks Jandi for telling me about your situation. I hope you can finally get the infection under control. It seems like a tooth can still hurt even after a root canal but then maybe it's the gum around the tooth that really hurts or the jaw.

My dizzyness did go away after being on antibiotics for a couple of days after the root canal. It was miserable though.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:51 PM   #4
(female)

jandi HB User

I'm glad your dizziness went away with the root canal. that's reassuring.
I was scheduled for 3 seesions stating next Monday for the root canal , but I've postponed until Thursday week. I keep reading that the infection may not go away with a root canal and the toxicity, and I'm at a loss..been reading for 3 days now:-) I do know the antibiotics work for me at present, been 2 weeks now, but apparently the tooth infection is not fixed(tooth and above it still hurts a little), so the bacteria keep breeding and maybe become resistant. i'd like to give IV antibiotics a go as i've read of a few people who got ride of their jaw infections only after 3 or 4 weeks of IV antibiotics..who knows it m,ight get rid of the ttoth ones too, but everyone and all sites seem to sday you cant cure a tooth infection with antibiotics.. only the rest of the body ? Ah well
I had a tooth oulled last time, about 4 years ago, and the pain finally went away the next year when i went on 5 wks doxycyllin for malarial prevention.
Let me know how your root canal goes.
Yes i found the dizziness, and nausea and blurriness and fullness betweenears as well as the pain and tinnitus rather scary.
I've been reading of deaths from these tooth abncesses.. they call them, but nothing showed in my mouth, no holes in teeth, perfectly healthy jaw etc.

Last edited by jandi; 06-19-2008 at 10:53 PM.

Closed Thread