It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2008, 04:17 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

missingyou HB Usermissingyou HB User
Itching/ burning any insight is appreciated

In Mid-late october I got a filling done on one of my smaller molars
In january I developed some dermatitis . I got some antibiotics and the acne sorta cleared up.(keep in mind I was on some meds that uped my hormones and dryed out my skin)it was more visually bad looking then something I could feel physically wrong. a fair portion of the redness cleared up but there was still some underlying inflammation. I used this cream called Elidel which is an immunosuppresant, to help keep that under control. I noticed some vitamins would make below my lower lip feel irritated as well as this Carmex lip balm. Keep in mind I have peeling lips, from vitamin A and

So I go on vacation mid May and A couple days in the irritation gets burning really bad and really itchy, extremely irritated below my middle lip and and on the sides(more so on the right side, until recently). Burning and intense itching. It's been hell ever since for the last 2 months I've had slight improvement but nothing to significant. I still get extremely itchy/ burning feelings mostly on my bottom/ middle right side of my skin. . I've been on antibiotics seen the doctor been given hydrocortisone cream, tried all kinds of creams for relief that don't do all that much except give some symptomatic relief(not getting to the root of the problem). When I rollsome toilet paper and stick it in the bottom of my gums I get relief. A few weeks ago I also noticed a couple bumps on the inside of the bottom of my mouth(the lip area). I was at the dentist for a teeth cleaning and they schdueled me for some fillings and the lady mentioned the allergys from before, I said oh no I don't think that's it. Well I got to thinking that hey maybe that's it actually since sticking gauze/TP in my gumline gives me relief from the irritation.

I call and mention them removing my other filling from this past fall. So I go in and explain a bit of stuff to the nurse about the bumps and how I've had burning/ itchiness.. and how I wanted my filling removed because of a possible allergy. Next thing u know she sticks the stuff in for numbing gel in my mouth. The dentist comes in and he tells me the bumps are swollen salivary glands, and asks if It tingles all the time I say no when I should have said yes. it also burns..I should have been more assertive here. Well he said the tingling may be from a nerve or something I should have said that the irritation is quite often in that area, except outside but it is also on the right part of my skin..

next thing you know I have 2 more fillings in the left side of my mouth. I did a little research and I found out the swollen salivary glands are quite often a sign of an Allergy.. or a form of trauma

Now the left side of my mouth is feeling more irritated these 2 fillings are on my larger molers one bottom 1 top and are exposed to the gumline. ATM I'm considering calling somewhere monday and getting all of the filings removed I'm in so much irritation right now I can't stand it I don't mind having holes in my teeth I may be able to chew on 1 side or brush Right after I eat all the time. I don't have much to lose I'm so miserable right now feeling the way I do? Hopefully someone will take me in to get them removed, ASAP hopefully monday

Here's a little backround

In Fall 05 I had my top 2 front teeth filled in, they were pretty badly chipped.. I started to have a pretty bad irritation, itching and some burning well I went on vacation and the burning got extremely intense the middle of my upper lip looked swollen and was qutie painful. I came home tried some medicine from an alternative doctor, my family doc told me to just use lanolin which did no good. I became worried about my fillings that they could have caused the problem, at about the same time I got antibiotics for what I thought was seborric dermatitis.. Sticking gauze in my upperlip IE putting a barrier between my saliva/gums and my skin gave me some relief.. So I ended up getting the Fillings removed, at the same time I started antibiotics and my problem resolved itself within a few weeks. At first I was pretty sure it was the Methacrylic fillings that caused the problem but a year or so later I changed my mind and thought it was something else. And ended up getting a filling done after seeing my dentist for a checkup..

Thanks I know this also sounds like a skin probelm but the 2 are inter relaled. I should also mention that sucking on icecubes gives me relief, again makng me think the inflammation is coming from the inside

Last edited by missingyou; 07-19-2008 at 04:21 PM. Reason: A few things to Add

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2008, 05:47 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

missingyou HB Usermissingyou HB User
Re: Itching/ burning any insight is appreciated

I should also add that I just noticed a small white bump on the right inside of my lower gums, that has me worried

Closed Thread