It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dental Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
(female)

cj289657 HB User
Complications from Extraction, Bone exposed

Hello everyone,

I've had a number of different mouth surgeries ever since the time I was young. Basically I had a really small mouth that they knew wouldn't fit all my teeth, so some molars were removed and spacers put in. Later had the retainer and braces and everything.

My dentist decided that my #2 molar (last one on the top right side) needed to be removed, because there was no molar underneath it to keep it from dropping. I had it pulled almost 2 weeks ago, with minimal pain, just a long lingering soreness. When the anesthesia wore off I felt a sharp pain, looked in my mouth, and saw part of my jawbone sticking out the side of my gum (Higher up in the gum then where the tooth was). I called the surgeon and he said it was normal, so i met with the other one who examined it and said I needed to have it removed. He said when they removed the first one it was difficult, and they had bent the tooth socket in the jaw bone.

So today he yanked out the part that was sticking out, and then had to file down a really sharp piece of bone. (I heard the assistant ask if it was supposed to look like that, and he said it was a little abnormal). Anyways, he put a couple stitches in, but now I'm in a good amount of pain.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2008, 11:48 PM   #2
(female)

bocmember01 HB User
Re: Complications from Extraction, Bone exposed

Complications can certainly occur from any procedure. Bone that's exposed would not survive and should be removed. It's not uncommon for rough bony edges to be filed. Some pain should be expected afterwards and a prescription strength pain medication may be indicated. Call your dentist to see what can be done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread